Chapter 6- "Escaping" -Part 1

"Did you tell Demitrey where we are?" I asked Aden, the idea of him rescuing me coming to my hazy mind.
"Yeah, I told him." Said Aden, sounding a bit strange suddenly, as though she was holding something back.
"But...?" I prolonged.
"But, he's not on his way yet." Explained Aden.
"What? Why?" I asked, suddenly a bit more alert, my earlier worries placed aside.
"The pack is under attack." Announced Aden.

*Adelina's pnt. Of view*

"Wait, rewind, what did you say?" I questioned, my mind currently freed of earlier worries.
"He's not coming right now because the pack is under attack, so you need to go." Warned Aden.

This seriously wasn't happening to me right now.

"Adelina, now is not the time to contemplate whether life is fair right now. We need to go!" Urged Aden, in a very antsy manner.
"Alright, alright. I'm getting up." I said, getting up on trembling knees.

I supported myself off my arms, the energy in me suddenly drained, and that's when I heard something crash on the ground.

My eyes snapped up to find a shocked Wilma standing at the gate of my cell.

Her mouth was wide open, her eyes bulging in surprise.

"Y-y- you, killed her." Stuttered Wilma, her eyes accusing.

She took a step back, and as if instinct kicked in, I bolted towards her.

She stumbled back in an attempt to run, but the second her back was to me, I grabbed onto her head, and twisted her neck in a quick motion until I heard a sickly crack.

Her corpse instantly plummeted to the ground, and with bewildered eyes, and an eratic heart, I started running.

This wasn't my personal strength because I was currently weak.

"Its mine. Now just run!" Commanded Aden in my head, and that's what I did.

There were no exit signs, nor where there any form of directions.

I followed my gut, and whenever I felt like turning, I turned.

My heart beat was resonating in my ears, my limbs protesting against  the sudden effort, my lungs burning with the insufficient amount of oxygen, and my muscles were crying from being pushed so hard with no type of warm up.

I was so focused on surviving that when a bullet ricocheted off the wall few feet away from me I hardly noticed it.
The next on I felt whooshed by my ear, and I ducked as the lights exploded from above me.

I made a right turn, then a left, trying my best to lose my perpetrator, but she was hot on my heels.

I heard the gun go off, yet there was no resonation. My guess was that the bullet hit somewhere behind me.

I couldn't map out where to go, so when a large window was the only thing facing me, I went for it.

"Oh don't do it." Warned Aden.
"Got a better idea?" I questioned, my eyes glued on the window.
"Well, no."
"Okay then, hush." I silenced her, my mind made up.

Bullets started aiming my way more urgently, but with my eyes set on the window, nothing could scare me out of my escape.

The glass texture quickly arrived, and with no relent, I threw my entire body against it.

The clear surface shattered into millions pieces, my arms covered my face in effort to protect it.

My eyes were closed, but I felt the sensation.