Chapter 21- "Home"

*Adelina's pnt. Of view*

A series of gasps could be heard around the entire perimeter involving both packs, then an uproar of hushed comments followed suite.

"There's no way they're brothers."
"They do look alike."
"I wouldn't be too surprised, Demitrey's father was a hoe!"

"SILENCE!" Roared both Demitrey and Darrell at the same time.

Their voices echoed into the forest, causing birds to escape the force of the tension that suddenly enveloped us.

"We are not brothers." Declared Demitrey.
"Actually, we are, and to be exact we are fraternal brothers Demitrey. Isn't that right mother?" Asked Darrell, and his head look to a direction, and based on the crowds gasp, and the way it parted to a specific person, I stopped breathing for a few seconds.

Aunty D stood agasp, her mouth wide open, her eyes round like saucers.

Her cheeks became dark as blood rushed to her face in embarrassment.

She tried to speak, her jaw was moving, but no words were forming.

She let out a sharp breath, and made a run for it.

"Stop her!" Spoke both Alphas simultaneously.

"Whoever touches my mother I will hurt you!" Warned Darrell, as two warriors from each pack encircled Diana.
"And as far as I'm concerned, Aunty Diana is still part of my pack, if even a claw lands on her the wrong way I will rip your head off." Declared Demitrey.

It was the staredown of the alphas.

You wouldn't want to be caught in between those deadly stares.

Ironically And unfortunately, I was.

Darrell was till holding me close to him, but not as close as earlier.

But for some reason I wasn't afraid for myself, but instead, I was afraid for the lives of everyone else around us. If a battle broke out, women and children would be the main targets of the slaughter, and with emotions running high at the moment, who's to say what could happen.

What could I do?

At my thoughts, I felt a sudden surge, I ripped myself away from Darrell, and he didn't expect it.

"Alright enough! Both of you! Aunty D, come here." I called Aunty D over, she looked uncertain to move since both pairs of warriors were staring down at her like a rogue prisoner.

"Demitrey? Darrell?" They both looked over at me at the same time with the same dark look on their facial features, it was almost creepy.

The old Adelina wouldn't even be standing here right now.

She'd probably run and hide in her room after making sure the room was bolted shut.

What am I doing?

They're alphas! I should just let them deal with their problems!

No, in fact I should run and hide!

I shook off the uncertain voice in my head cocked my head to their warriors who were still standing around Diana.

It took both of them a second, but with the same facial remark, and same hand gestures, they called their warriors back, Diana meanwhile relieved to have gotten out of that ran to my side.

"Okay, so obviously there's a major problem here-" I started, but Demitrey cut me off, " yeah! He's a lying bastard."
"I guess that's something else we have alike." Retorted Darrell.