Chapter twenty-seven - Struggles

Laurence's P.O.V.

Garroth was struggling in the water, with the clouds rolling in, and the water rising, I couldn't just stand there, I ran out to the ocean I couldn't bear to see him try harder and harder, watching him exhaust himself.

"DON'T WORRY, GARROTH! I'M COMING!" I yell at the top of my lungs.

I jump into the ocean, I swim quickly out to him, I see him fall under water, I go under and grab him quickly and swim to shore. We finally get to shore, seeing him unconscious in front of me, I felt my heart sink, I sat there, on the sand, with my hands trembling, I gave him mouth to mouth, after ten minutes, I backed up and he coughed up a bit of water, and opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Garroth, please say something.. anything!"

*Cough* "I-I-I'm o-ok.." *Cough* he stutters and coughs more.

I hug him slightly and kiss him softly.

He stands up and brushes himself off and walks to an umbrella, he sits on a chair and stares at the ocean.

"Garroth, w-why'd you do that..?"

"... I-I.. I don't know.."

"A-alright well, you have to get some rest.. but we have a flight to catch.."

"O-oh.. t-that's right.. we're leaving early.."

"Yep."

I carry him to the airport, we didn't bring anything so we don't have any packing to do, I was looking down at the resort, I'm pretty sure Aph and Aaron explained everything that happened. I hope so, anyway.. I felt Garroth's hand on mine, and he squeezed my it.

"You ok, babe?" I ask looking at him. I see him looking at something else. I look at what he's looking at. It's him again. Why?! Why can't we just have one moment without him?! WHY?!

"Babe, it's ok, just stay by me, you'll be fine." I say quietly and calmly. He nods his head. I kiss him quickly and sit back, the flight attendant comes over and I ask for some water she comes back with a glass of ice water, I give it to Garroth, he drinks some of it and I put it down.

"You alright, now?"

"Mhm.."