Chapter thirty-two - Payback?

Garroth's P.O.V.

I keep looking at the ring and rubbing my eyes making sure this isn't a dream, I hope it's not. I want to keep this ring on my finger forever.

"Babe, you know what?" Laurance asks as I snap back into reality

"Hm?" I ask, looking at him.

"Vylad never showed up, he was right behind the ambulance with Dante.." he trailed off, not knowing what to say next.

"You don't think.."

"Garroth! No, of course not, they're probably just stuck in traffic.."

"I hope so.."

"They're alright, I promise." Laurance says with a warm smile, I smile back.

Vylad's P.O.V.

As I storm off, I hear Dante's footsteps behind me, but I ignore them.

"Vylad! Please! I love you still! Give me another chance!

"Why should I?! You're just going to hurt me again!"

"No, Vylad I won't! I still love you, Nicole's just a bitch! Please.. Vylad you matter so much to me.. please.."

At that I stopped dead in my tracks, my eyes stinging with tears and my vision getting blurry as they fall down my face. Dante gets closer, almost out of breath, I turn around and hug him tight as I listen to his fast heartbeat.

"I-I-I'm sorry.." He stutters.

"N-no.. I should be the s-sorry one.." I say looking at his deep blue eyes.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, I was the one cheating on you with.. Nicole," he stopped kind of embarrassed. "I was the one that made you run, that made you feel like that.." He finished.

"D-Dante.. I-I still love you too.. I miss being able to go to you and cuddle whenever.. but I also miss trusting you.."

"You don't have to trust me anymore if you don't want to.."

"B-but isn't that what makes a relationship.. trust?" I ask fidgeting with my hands.

He grabs my hands and holds them, he kisses my right hand and puts them back down, he looks at me, I look back down with tears filling my eyes again.

"Dante.. if I can't trust you.. then.. then I don't know if we can be in a relationship.."

We both stopped, not knowing what to say next. Did that really just come out of my mouth?! Why'd I say that.. I want to be with him so badly..

"We don't have to get back together.. I mean, to be honest, I didn't even know we broke up.. but I understand where you're coming from.. I get it, I wouldn't date someone I can't trust either." He said and started walking away.

Before Dante could slip out of my hands, and out of my life, I grabbed his wrist, I turned him to look at me, I stood on my tip toes and kissed him slow and steady, so I didn't mess it up. He basically leaned down to kiss me, curse my shortness! He must've like read my mind because he then picked me up as I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his torso, his arms holding me up by my legs. When We pulled away for air, he looked at me with a smirk, I gave him a look of forgiveness as a wave of relief ran over me. He put me down, not that I wanted to be put down, and kept looking at me.

"You didn't have to put me down." I say crossing my arms and speaking out of my thoughts.

"Fine, want to get on my back?" He asks rolling his eyes playfully.

"Yeah!" I say over excitedly.

He turns around and crouched down a bit as I hop on his back, I wrap my arms around his neck he holds my legs up as we walk back to the car which is actually still in the middle of the road.. woops!

Laurence's P.O.V.

As I watched Garroth being adorable like he always is, he looked in my eyes like I was some sort of celebrity which I probably was to him. I smiled slightly and chuckle quietly.

"What's so funny?" He asks me

"Just the fact that your adorable."

"He really is, isn't he?" I hear a familiar voice ask me.

I turn to see Gene?!? At the door. Why is he here?!?!

"N-no!" Garroth whispers scared half to death as he takes off all the wires he has connected to him and running to the back of the room.

"Someone still scared, eh~?" He asks flirtatiously.

"Hey! Stop it, he never did anything to you!" I say standing up for my boyfr- er now I get to say, fiance.

"He broke my heart.. for.. you!" He said coming over and almost touching me.

"Maybe cause I'm better for him?!" I say yelling in his face.

"Shut up, Laurance, I think we should let Garroth decide~." He says pushing me out of the way and facing Garroth, who still looks so scared he looks cold because of how much he's shaking.

"S-stop Gene.." Garroth stutters.

Gene must've finally seen the ring because he backed up at the sight of his hand.

"Looks like I'm too late.." he says looking down.

"Mhm, you missed your chance!" I snap.

"Won't stop me from anything!" Gene says running over to Garroth and kissing him.

Garroth tried to get away, but Gene cornered him, Garroth had nowhere to go, I go over and pull Gene away and push him to the other side of the room.

"That'll teach you to mess with my Garroth!" I say as he runs into my arms and I put my hand on his head, reassuring him that he's ok.