Chapter Thirty-Four - Don't Go

Laurence's P.O.V.

I watched as my beautiful fiance had fallen asleep with his head on my shoulder, he was so peaceful, yet cold. I brush back his blonde bangs and kiss his forehead before picking him up and taking him inside. I looked at the calendar, realizing Christmas was nearing.

"Crap." I whisper-shout to myself.

AND we've got wedding stuff to plan.. greeeaaat.

"Hey, honey." Garroth says, yawning quietly.

"Oh, hey Garroth, where did 'honey' come from?" I asked somewhat confused.

"Dunno." He shrugged as he got up out of my arms.

"Well, anyway, Garroth, I had to talk to you about Christmas, what did you want?" I ask as we sit on the couch together, him basically on top of me.

"From you?" He asks, I nod my head.

"I-I don't want anything."

"Aw, come on, you've got to want something."

"I-I guess I do want something.." He said, with a smirk.

"And that is..?" I asked, hoping he'd fill in the blank.

Garroth took a deep breath before speaking.

"I think you know.." His smirk widened.

"Garroth! No!" I exclaim, jumping up.

"Aw, come on, Laurance, you know you want it too." He raises an eyebrow.

"No, Garroth! No more cookies!" I pointed at him, he looked sad.

"B-but Laurance! Why not?!?!" He whined.

"Because we have to save them for the party!" I argued jokingly.

He fidgeted with his hands and looked at them as I looked at him. He mumbled something angrily to himself.

"Babe, you're fine, they're just cookies!" I said, sitting back down by him.

"But they're Kawaii~Chan's cookies.. hmph!" He said, just like a child would.

"Yes, and she wanted us to bring them to her party, so that means you can't eat anymore."

"Oh, fine!" He said, looking back at me.

I kissed him on the cheek and laughed at his jokingly childish ways.

"Ya know, Laurance. Honestly, sometimes you're really annoying, but you're still my little Laur." He said tapping my nose lightly and walking into the kitchen.

Garroth's P.O.V.

I walked in the kitchen and saw my broken phone on the counter, you know the one I smashed cause of my dad? Yeah that one.

"Crap." I whispered to myself.

I had completely forgotten about that whole situation. Let me explain. My dad wants me and my brothers to go on a stupid business trip with him and mom but I we were not to bring our lovers, only because they would be a 'distraction' he treated them as objects! Sure he might not have completely accepted me nor my brothers, but we're all people too. I was not having a that whatsoever. I sat at one of the three barstools and rubbed my eyes as they stung with tears. Dad was going to make us go anyway.. my vision then got blurry and I felt a couple tears fall out of my eyes and I got up, getting angry, I started pacing back and forth in the kitchen thinking about how I was either going to deal with dad or break this to Laur. I looked at my phone then looked at the home phone. I didn't want to call him, but I was going to have to if I wanted to talk to him. Just before I was about to punch in my father's number into the phone, I heard the door open and two familiar voices. Mom and dad. I go through the kitchen door and my prediction was correct, there they were, ready to go.

"GarGar!" Mom said excitedly, obviously hiding her other emotions.

I gave Mom a hug and looked at dad who was lost in a deep thought.

"Garte!" Mom snapped at him.

"Hm? Oh. Sorry, darling."

"Yes, I believe you have something to tell the boys..?" Mom said, her excitement slowly turning to sadness as she noticed the rings.

"Yes.. yes I do.. Garroth, we have to go, please say your good-byes and let's be off."

"W-what? Garroth? What's going on?" Laurance asked taking my hand, rubbing his finger on my ring.

"L-Laurance.. I-I-I'm sorry!" I cry, lifting him in the air, hugging him tight, him hugging back.

"What's even going on?!" He was still confused.

"I-I.. Laurance.. I have to go away for a while.. I promise I will be back.. I-I.." I couldn't find the words to say as tears fell down my face.