Chapter thirty-one - Can't End Like This {Part 2}

Dante's P.O.V.

"Get off off of me, you bitch!" I yell at Nicole, who is still hugging me.

"Why, Dante, isn't this what you wanted?" She asks as Vylad glares at us, obviously angered.

"AND TO THINK, I LET YOU KISS ME, I LET YOU TOUCH ME WHERE NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED TO TOUCH, I HAD A FEELING THIS WOULD HAPPEN!" He yelled and ran off, crying.

I went after him but Nicole pulls my wrist before I can bet away.

"Nicole! Let me go!" I say tugging my wrist.

"Fine! If that's what you want!" She says letting go of me so I fall to the ground and then I stand up and run toward Vylad.

"Vylad! Please give me another chance!"

"Why? So you can hurt me again?!"

"No.. because I really do love you and I really do want to be with you forever, I know it's difficult, but I still love you, even if you don't.." I say sincerely.

Laurence's P.O.V.

We arrived at the hospital, I look at him with all the monitors around him, he started breathing again, he's alive.. he just isn't doing well, I hope he's alright. I stick my hand in my pocket and pull out the velvet box that I've been saving for the right moment, but if he's sick.. I can't it wouldn't be good for his blood pressure. I open the box and admire the keepings inside.

"L-Laurance..?" He mumbles softly.

I jump, quickly closing the box.

"You're.. alright!" I say excitedly and hug him softly, so I don't hurt him.

"Yup, I'm alright, I had to fight for you, I didn't want you to put you through any more pain." He smiles weakly.

"G-Garroth.. I love you."

"I love you more." He argues.

"I won't even argue tonight, I'm just happy you're alright!" I exclaim.

"By the way, what was that box?" He asks curiously.

"U-uhmm.."

"Come on, babe, you can trust me, right?"

"Yeah, but you have to promise not to freak out, ok?" I nod.

"Ok!"

I take out the box again, but keep it balled in my fist. I stand up and get down on one knee and take the box and open it.

"Garroth Ro'Meave, will you make me the happiest man in this whole world and marry me?" I ask as he cups his hands over his mouth and I see tears coming down his face.

"Y-you don't have to-"

"I thought you'd never ask!" He says excitedly.

"I'll take that as-"

"A yes, you'll take that as a yes!"

Tears fall down on both of our faces, but with joy, I take the ring out and slip it onto his finger.

(Here's what the ring looks like)

"You like it?" I ask jokingly, because he keeps admiring the ring.

"Like it? Are you kidding? No, I love it!" He says kissing me on the cheek.

"Glad you like it, it was worth every penny for you, babe."

"Laurance.. h-how much was this..?"

"Not important, what's important is that you rest before you get hurt."

"But I don't want to sleep, I want to stay with you." He whines.

"I'll be right here." I reassured him.

"Fine, I just want to see you."

"Oh alright, just don't worry about anything, it's not good for you."

"Oh, alright." He slightly laughs.

Today is the best day of my life, I never thought we'd end up together, we were just friends, best friends, but now, now he's my fiance.. this, this is great.. I've always loved him.. always.