Padichu Choopulu

All were going in a big Innova to a place called Seethammadhara. He was driving the car with his shades on. He did not know if to be irritated or laugh it out. So he just maintained a straight face when he heard his mother.

"Nanna Nandhu"

He slightly turned to the passenger seat and smiled.

"Entamma?"

He saw his mother smiling.

"Look Nanna. You might be a big Architect and tycoon. But this place.."

"Athamma! Bammardi is way beyond all that. You should know it better."

He turned to his Bava and turned back concentrating on the road.

"Amma is anxious Rishi. This boy has been rejecting all those proposals we got from some big shots."

"We should be happy Shantha, that he has even accepted to visit this place after rejecting proposals without even taking a look at them."

The couple sighed.

"Bava!"

Was the one word that showed his admonishing.

"Okay! I am shutting up ra!"

"Let me concentrate on the road Bava. Amma don't worry. You know that I am not a person who would look down my nose for such material things."

"I know Nandhu. Sorry"

"Don't be amma. I understand that you are stressed."

"Mari? Gaadhida la 32 yellu avutu inka Pelli ante LKG pilladila paari potunte? Then? Your age has grown to 32 like donkey and yet at the mention of marriage, you run away at the mention of marriage!"

"Akka!"

But he actually smiled. Now this was a very usual scene in the house. After his father's sudden death 12 years back, he and his brother had to shoulder the family and he had to juggle between studies and family and business. But thanks to his Bava who joined them at the right time. And his brother Bhargava was next to his father. But his mother, was all to him after that fateful day when his father was no more.

But in all these, somewhere marriage lost its importance and something did not sit right with him whenever the topic came up. So he kept rejecting and postponing at the beginning level itself. But he did not know, when his mother took this topic this time, he just nodded his head and now here, they were on their way to meet his fate.

"Osey!"

She turned frowning.

"This time at least, let the boy speak. Don't go blabbering and shoo him away."

"Hey"

"Okokasari pelli choopulu ani pindi vantalu chesedi vaalu thintu unnapade nuvu pelli koduku ni tharmi kottadam thappa, nothing is moving forward. Nee noti dhola!"

"First learn to look for a person who could put up with me"

Her mother hit her head.

"Nuvu kuduranga undu"

"Why should I adjust everytime? Do you know last time the guy you brought for this exhibition was like a walking registrar office. Paperwork anta? Certificate anta! So only I chased him away. Malli kanipiste Vaadi death certificate vaadi intiki courier chesta. Vedhava!"

Her mother hit her head. This girl is 28 years old but still unmarried. Only because she was too choosy and could not adjust.

But the girl's thinking was much different. She was ready to adjust. But not at the cost of her happiness. She should be happy even when she is sacrificing and with all the guys who came before, she never felt it right. She she found ways to torture them and chase them away. She was not against the idea of marriage. But she was against its stereotype.