The Stolen Moment

Raghunandhu watched with a small smile as he saw Parthavi being engulfed with a small but very happy gang. He smiled as he saw her jumping holding her friends. Suddenly he saw her frowning as he leaned on the pillar nearby.

Seeing her frown, he raised his brow in question for  which she waved her hand calling him to her. That’s when all her friends saw him. They were giving him all leering glances and oohing and awing at him as he walked to Parthavi.

God! he felt so embarrassed. As soon as he was close to Parthavi, she held his arm and pointed to every girl introducing them.

“Ishani Sanjeev”

Raghu smiled at the girl who raised her brow at Parthavi making him stifle his chuckle.

“Mathi.. I mean Vidya Murali”

“Hi”

The girl said smiling making Raghu comfortable.

“Nazneen Rizwana and etc.”

The girl swatted Parthavi’s arms making Raghu chuckle.

“Hello”

“Rashika”

“Hi..”

She said and Raghu realized that she looked the youngest in the group.

“Don’t go by her looks, she is the Nanamma of us all.”

Raghu laughed as the girl punched Parthavi.

“That is Priyanka Ammineni.”

“Hello andi.”

“The respectful one here.”

Parthavi said earning a glare and chuckle.

“This is Anbu, Anbumozhi, the Tamizh kavi of our group.”

“Shut up Partha. Hello.”

The girl admonished Parthavi and greeted Raghunandhu at same breath.

“These two are special people in our group. Our creative head and stress buster. Tasha and Laddoo, I mean Lakshya.”

Both the girls giggled and greeted Raghu.

“You know Harshita, she will be a little late coming with Matheysh Annaiya and her naughty little twins.”

Raghu nodded his head. The girls chuckled.

“Hey Ms I am full of manners, you never introduced this hunk to us.”

Ishani poked Parthavi making her giggle.

“Only if you let me Ishu. This is Mr. Raghunandhu Narayanudu, my fiance.”

There was a loud noise reaching the roof making Raghu wince.

“Hey you criminal. You never told us.”

Rashika said scowling.

“I am telling now right Rash. Actually it is a long story.”

“We have all the time in the world!”

Said Laddoo.

“This Mr. Maharaju came for pelli choopulu and well, things went well and dates were fixed for 2 months later for engagement and then the wedding. But something in our Jathaka chakram changed and engagement was preponed to today. So we did not have time to invite anyone from here.”

“Ahaha.. Whom are you kidding. How come Harshita and Ved were there?”

“Ved is my cousin”