Arundhati Nakshatram and Find the Ring

"The Homam is done. Pray to the Agni Devatha."

Both folded their hands in prayer.

"Now we are going to see Arundhati Nakshatram."

Narasimha Shastry said as he asked them to follow him. He took them to the balcony and stood with the bride and groom near the Parapet.

He turned to them.

"Arundhati was the wife of Sage Vasishta. They were such an ideal couple that even the lord praised them and said to Vasistula varu about her austerity for his well being and that Arundhati was the ideal wife one can get. She thought the world of her husband and never disobeyed him. Even when he went for penance, she made sure that the Ashram and his disciples were taken care of."

Raghunandhu smiled, taking in every word Shastry was saying. Parthavi was listening to his words with rapt attention.

"For all her good Karma, she was blessed to become a star. In Akasha Sapta rishi Mandalam, she is given a place. But in reality, Arundhati Nakshatram is a twin star, because along with her, her husband Vasistha is also present. Even after becoming a star, they revolve and rotate together along their axes. That is why they are shown to the newly wed couple as an example of devotion, love and mutual respect between the spouses for one and other."

Raghuandhu looked at the hand that he was holding in a very tight grip. Then he looked up at the owner of the hand, his wife. She gave him a beautiful smile. He wanted this moment to freeze and capture the picture of his smiling wife in his heart forever.

Parthavi looked at her husband who had that so cute, so innocent smile on his face. He looked so pure, like a kid who hasn't seen this scheming world yet.

She felt the hold on her hand tighten more and raised her brow at her husband, Raghunandhu who just grinned.

Roses beautifully bloomed on her cheeks which she tried very hard to contain but failed miserably. Usually she was the one to tease while his ears turned red in embarrassment. But when did the tables turn on her, she did not know.

"Ahem, Pelli Kumara, without letting go off of your wife's right hand, put your right hand around her and hold her chin. Make her look at the sky."

Raghunandhu put his arm around her and held her chin without letting go of her hand. He tilted her head to look up at the sky. He was so close to her that her breath hitched. Her eyes closed for a moment and slowly opened to look at the clear sky.

"With your other hand point to the sky and ask your wife if she can see Arundhati Nakshatram"

Shastry directed Raghunandhu.

"Shastry garu, are you sure that we can see a star in the broad daylight?"

Raghunandhu asked with his oh so innocent face. Parthavi chuckled.

"Pelli Kumara, you are not supposed to make fun here about such things. Do as said. Ask your bride if she can see Mata Arundhati."

Raghunandhu sighed and looked at his wife and asked in a whisper.

"Parthavi, Can you see Mata Arundhati?"

"Rei Pandu, you can ask a little more louder. She is not going to break and fall you know?"

Shantha said, clearing her throat.

"Akka, I am already confused about this. You see I don't want to make a fool of myself."

"Ayyo Sri Raghuvara!"

Maanas and Sreenu facepalmed together. Jagadamba and Pranati giggled.

"Ahem, Mr. Moddhu. This is a formality. And yes, I can see Mata Arundhati and also look there, along with her there is Swami Vasisthalu varu too."