Paalikalu and Madhuparkam

Paalikalu: Paalikalu means nine grains that have auspicious value. In a wedding, these grains are planted and five ladies from both bride and groom side are asked to water them with the thought that like those grains even the new couple will grow all green in their life and live happily. 

Madhuparkam: Madhuparkam literally means, Sweet welcome drink. I.E., the welcome given to the groom's family by the bride's family as they arrive for the wedding. Usually when they arrive, Bride's family gives the groom his wedding attire and in exchange, Groom's family gives the bride's family the Bride's wedding saree. So this ritual itself is called Madhuparkam. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Guys, what have you planned for the sangeet?"

Matheysh asked the guys gang.

"Enti bro, Here we are planning for something else and you are asking plan for sangeet?"

Maanas said.

"Vere enti plan today evening?"

Sreenu asked as he helped Raghunandhu with the panche that got twisted and refused to remove.

"Rei, sariga cheyi ra. You are winding it more around me!"

Raghunandhu said irritated as he turned and twirled.

"What can I do? How did Rishi bava tie this on you?"

"How do I know? I just followed his instructions!"

"Orei.. Here the discussion about your bachelor party is going on and you both are.. Karma ra babu!"

Vedmohan facepalmed! Raghunandhu looked as if he might hit Vedmohan.

"Rei, I am already going mad with panche, do you expect me to come to the bachelor party or sangeet party in this?"

He asked showing his half open panche.

"First find a way to calm down that dragon of yours."

Sanjeev said happily munching a mysorepak.

"Found it!"

Sreenu emerged from below and held Raghunandhu's panche that was held by knot on his hip.

"Found the knot. Now you can be free"

"Haiyooo Raghu Rama!!"

Sarvesh hit his head.

"I am Raghunandhu!"

Raghunandhu said removing the panche and getting into a comfortable shorts. This time all the boys hit their heads.

"Brotheru, Only after marriage Men become like this. But you, from now itself?"

Bhaswath asked.

"Bhas bro, My bava is mentally married to that Dragon already."

Vedmohan said munching the mysorepak that Sanjeev gave.

"Haiyoooo muddha pappannam!"

Sanjeev, Aakarsh and Matheysh said hiding their faces in their palms.

"You have to anyway wear it again ra Bava!"

Vedmohan said and Raghunandhu looked at him like he might strangle him.

There in Parthavi's room, Rathnitha and Rajvitha sat eating a laddoo as Parthavi was walking here and there.

"Vathina, why are you walking like a wounded lion?"