Naandhi Snathaka Vratham

Naandhi means Beginning. Snathakam means wearing gold and silver thread across the torso of the Groom indicating that he is ready for Family life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Parthavi!!!!!"

"Why are you waking me up in the midnight?"

Parthavi asked sleepily without even getting up.

"Amlu, it's your wedding Naandhi Vratham today. And you are sleeping?"

"Who is getting married?"

She asked without waking up and then suddenly she sat looking around wildly.

"I am getting married!"

Prabhavathy hit her head.

"Yes, you are getting married. But seriously? If you keep doing like this then who will marry you."

Parthavi wiped her face and yawned wide.

"Don't worry Raghu will marry me."

She said and winced in pain as Prabhavathy hit her head.

"Wake up and get ready. Take hair bath and Kala will be here soon."

"Ammo.. Malli my head will be like a pin factory!"

"Amlu..!"

Her mother's tone was enough for her to run and seek refuge in the washroom.

"Amlu, hair bath.."

"Haan haan Amma.. I am already oiling my hair. Don't worry."

Came Parthavi's reply from the washroom. Shaking her head Prabhavathy went out to look after other things.

"May I come in?"

Parthavi heard a knock as she was drying her hair after wearing her blouse and petticoat.

"Yes come in."

Kala smiled opening the door. Parthavi smiled in return.

"Hi Kala. Come on. Ready with your Pins factory that you are about to start in my head?"

Kala chuckled.

"What Madam, You have cut your hair in steps and that too with side fringe. And your mother has strictly asked me to braid your hair with all those head pieces and billalu for all the events. If not for pins you will look like mantravathi musali and not pelli koothuru and you will scare away that Mr. Handsome Pelli koduku of yours."

"He will not get scared that easily Kala. He is here to trouble me all my life."

Parthavi sighed making Kala chuckle.

"That is good thing right?"

She said starting to dry Parthavi's hair.

"Troubling me is good?"

Parthavi asked scowling. Kala could do nothing than chuckling again.

"Troubling you may not be. But all your life?"

She said dividing her hair to dry it by parts.

"That is there. But still.. That Mr. Architect is one handful."

"You aren't any less Parthavi Madam."

"Kala, how many times I have asked you not to call me Madam. We are not just beautician and customer anymore. You have got me ready that many times."