Ramayanam Lo Krishnudu

Next day Parthu woke up as usual very late for which she got her usual sahasaranamam and mangalarchana from Prabha. Since it was Friday, Parthu took hair bath and ran to the nearby Rama aalayam on her scooty and was about to return back when she saw a car of someone she knew.

Frowning she stopped beside and saw the door opening. There she saw a person getting down and she jumped in joy leaving her scooty.

"Mama.."

And she hugged the person not caring for her onlookers.

"Hey my bhallu kutty"

Saying the person hugged her back. Another person got out chuckling.

"She is not that Bhallu kutty anymore! She is getting married."

Parthavi scowled at her Atha Shakthi who was laughing. Her Mama shivaprasad turned to his wife and smiled.

"She will always be my bhallu only. Enti Parthu?"

"Yes Mama!"

"Keep saying that!"

"Why Atha?"

"Ahan.. Lets first go to temple. Intlo velli we can talk."

Parthu smiled. Her ever doting Atha and mama. She took her scooty and rushed home to say her mother about the arrival of her brother. And as usual she was greeted with the scene she hated the most, but which happened on daily basis. Her mother and father arguing.

"Evandi idi? Yesterday you only said you will pick up Vasu on your way home. But you did not and now in the morning you ask if she and Parthu reached safely? And you expect your daughters to respect and love you?"

"Adi kadu Prabha ma. I got held up.."

"Where? In Rajureddy's satsang?"

"Prabha.."

"Praying god is not bad! But forgetting your family in the name of god is!"

Parthu stood looking at her father folding her hands across her front.

"Parthavi!"

"Don't Parthavi me. I am here so you easily called me and asked me to pick Vasu up. You will not let her have money to come by public transport. You will not let her take the scooty and you will not pick her up either. But we should stay dumb and dance to your tunes? I was there so yesterday Vasu came home. If I am not there? If Vasu was your only daughter? Gaali ki vadilestara thana ni?"

"Do not talk to me in that tone."

"Do not teach me about tones ayyagaru! First you learn to respect your family. You are always absent and yet you expect us to respect you! Now you are getting me married. Repo maapo Amma ki evayina ayithe kuda meeru pakkana undaru. She will be dying here and you will be doing bhajans there. For God's sake look at her! How will you look after her if me and Vasu are not there?"

"Parthu.. Go inside. Do not interfere in these matters between me and your nana!"

"Sorry amma. Amamma died worrying about you. And I am not letting the same happen to Thatha or I don't want to sit in another part of city and keep thinking about what will happen to you. Already you are not able to stand much. If not for Vasu's studies, I would have asked you to take VRS. And you will not take money I give."

"ENOUGH PARTHAVI!"

"SORRY Mr. HARIHARAN! YOU DON'T GET TO TAKE THAT TONE TO ME AFTER BEING ABSENT IN HALF OF MY LIFE!"

She said heatedly and turned to her mother who was stuck between daughter and husband. Both were right on their stands. But whom will she support?