Chapter 20

A:N/ Another chapter here :) sorry for any mistakes and enjoy reading!

Pic of Andy on the side ----->

Chapter 20

Anneliese P.O.V

It took a while for my cheek to get swollen down, but with Brent's icy hands and the perfect amount of time you could barely tell he had slapped me, I would just have to figure out a way to lie to mom and dad and tell them I had hit myself with a branch or bumped against a door or something!

I had been out in the forest with him for at least half an hour and the fact that mom, dad, or even Uncle Jace hadn't come to look for me yet was getting me worried, I was very sure they could smell my scent out here, so why hadn't they appeared yet?

Was Andy home already? I hoped so!

I walked home as fast as I could, promising Brent that I wouldn't mention anything about my encounter with him this afternoon, for some reason he still didn't want me telling anyone about him, and of course like the idiot I am I promised I wouldn't.

Things got slightly better after he apologized, he made my cheek feel better and he said my hand would be alright, that luckily I hadn't sprained it or anything like that.

Of course he felt guilty he had hit me, he said he would later on bring me a surprise, to which to be honest I felt absolutely no excitement!

I didn't know how to feel about him anymore, sure I liked him, he was such a sweet vampire when he wanted to be, and he definitely treated me well when he wasn't mad, if only he didn't have a temper! If only he wasn't so jealous and violent, everything would be perfect!

I sighed to myself and tried to ignore the aching that had begun in my shoulders, I really hoped he hadn't left marks on my shoulders! I was already hiding the bruise on my hip, and that hadn't gone away still even though it had been a week already.

One thing was clear, Brent was strong, very strong! Stronger than me and I realized that if he wanted to he could easily kill me and yet he hadnt.

Yet, I thought to myself sadly.

Oh if only I could change him! If only he could be sweet and nice all the time! He'd be such a perfect vampire, I continued to think.

Be a good girl and he wont be mad, you heard him, my inner voice reminded me.

His words replayed in my head as I walked home faster, "It would be so much more easier if you're a good girl baby, don't get me mad"

How could I not get him mad?

I shook my head and promised that I would try and act better around him, maybe more mature?

I looked up and breathed a sigh of relief as I saw my house just a couple of feet away, hopefully Andy was already home, I wondered if he was close enough to be able to hear my argument with Brent? I doubted it since I had walked a long way from the waterfall.

I quickly entered the house and listened for any noise at all, looked like no one was home yet!

Oh crap!

"Andy?" I yelled heading to my room to leave my gifts when I passed the living room and noticed mom, dad, and Andy were all sitting on the couch looking my way.