Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Gabriel P.O.V

I came into the living room with a huge smile on my face, my wolf ready to see Annie bursting with excitement.

She was on the couch staring distractedly at the tv, I let out a deep breath of happiness and relief as I saw her sitting there, safe and sound. Nothing had happened today, it had been another normal day at work, that idiot of Brent hadnt come to attack yet, and Annie was here, safe from that stupid idiot, under our protection.

Under my protection again.

"Hey Annie," I grinned and sat next to her immediately wanting to be close with her, my wolf had been desperate the whole day to get to feel her warm skin!

I was a little disappointed when she didnt reply, she continued to stare at the tv, obviously thinking too deeply to even look at me.

I frowned slightly and sighed "Annie," I said quietly grabbing her cold hand in mine trying to warm it up.

She blinked and jumped turning to face me as if I had just snapped her out of a trance, "Gabriel," she said my name quietly.

"Hey baby, how are you?" I asked gently frowning slightly when I saw her eyes slightly red and her cheeks pink, she had been crying again.

"Im fine Gabriel," she gave me a weak smile "How was work?" she asked quietly.

"I wish you wouldnt lie to me," I frowned more.

She gave me another weak smile and let out a deep breath, "Lying to you about what?" she whispered.

"You've been crying" I observed.

She shrugged and let out a deep breath "That doesnt mean Im not fine" she said quietly.

"Annie," I said her name a bit sternly, "I want you to tell me whats bothering you, hey" I gripped her hand harder when she looked away from me "Annie talk to me" I pleaded.

She swallowed hard and gave me another forced smile, "I am talking to you, Im doing so right now" she tried to joke.

"You know what I mean," I frowned.

"Gabriel," she placed her hand on my cheek and stroked it "You shouldnt worry about me, Im....fine" she said slowly.

I let out a huge deep breath at that, I knew she was lying and it bugged me that she felt like she had to lie to me.

"You're not fine," I shook my head "I know you're lying Annie, I've told you before you're a horrible liar!" I frowned.

"How do you know Im lying?" she sighed.

"You wont look at me in the eyes thats how I know when you lie to me," I said with a triumphant grin.

She snapped her eyes to mine and smirked slightly, as if forced, "Well then next time I'll just have to tell you Im fine and stare into your eyes wont I?" she said jokingly but that wiped the grin off my face immediately!

"Why do you feel like you have to lie to me?" I asked frowning.

"I was kidding," she said quickly seeing my reaction "Gabriel let's not argue okay? I hate it when we do, tell me how work went instead," she tried to change the subjet quickly but I wouldnt let it go, it had been five days now,five days since we rescued her from her vampire parents, the events replayed in my head, just as if it had been a couple of hours ago.