Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Enjoy :)

Anneliese P.O.V

It had been a week since I had last seen Brent, according to grandpa he was most likely to attack any day from now on which got me on the edge of nerves!

How grandpa managed to act and look so clam and confident I have no idea!

In fact, it wasnt only grandpa who was acting that way, it was everyone around me! Gabriel and grandma, even Uncle Tommy was confident Brent wouldnt be able to do any damage to the pack.

But, I wasnt so sure.

I was still deeply afraid of what he could do, maybe he had traumatized me or something but no one got it out of my head that he was going to do great damage to us, specially me!

So these days any little sound made me jumpy, any sudden movements got my heart to start pounding louldy.

My parents still didnt know about Brent, but grandpa kept constant conversation with them, and from what they told us they were perfectly okay, helping Andy learn how to control himself.

I hadnt talked to them yet, I hadnt talked to them since I got out of the hospital, grandpa insisted on waiting until I got a bit better.

Broken ribs isnt that bad, a sprained leg is the one that annoys me to the max! I cant walk around without hobbling, and I have to stay on the couch or in bed just biting my nails and waiting until we get news of Brent!

I rested my head on Gabriel's shoulder lazily and sighed loudly, grandpa let him come visit me anytime he wanted now, I guess he was feeling sympathy for me or something because he was being extremely generous towards us.

Every day after his work Gabe would come and spend as much time with me as possible, our relationship was going really well now I have to admit, he insisted me on meeting his family, his parents but there was no way I was going to meet them with my face with bruises and half swelling down!

"Annie the whole pack already practically knows we're mates, just come meet my parents" he told me for about the fifth time.

I hid my face on his warm shoulder and grunted, "I told you I am not meeting them like this," I said, at the hospital they wouldnt let me look at myself in the mirror, not that I ever questioned why until I came home and properly saw myself in the bathroom mirror.

I looked horrible, everyone was right, I looked like I had been ran over by a car. The first time I looked at myself in the mirror I cried, because rage took over, how could I let Brent do that to me? How could I let him beat me up to the extent where my face looked like a purple ugly blob?

Grandma assured me it wasnt my fault, that he took advantage of his strenght, but I still blamed myself, I was an idiot, why couldnt I have broken up with him when he first hit me? Why did I let his beautiful eyes fool me?

Now the whole pack and my parents were in danger because of my stupid fear, because I didnt speak up, and I hated to know I was the cause of this danger! I couldnt talk about it with Gabriel because he always tried to dismiss those ideas from my head and he would try and convince me I wasnt the blame, same with my grandparents, I couldnt talk to anyone about it because they all said it wasnt my fault, but I knew it was.

"I'm telling you Annie they'll love you just how you are," he said interrupting my thoughts.

I focused my eyes on the tv and tried to ignore him, I knew what was coming. We were in the living room watching a movie, even though I hadnt put one minute of attention to it! Uncle Tommy had told me that when another pack attacks every wolf howls, so thats what I was waiting for, the howls of wolfs.