At Deaths Door

I got to Eren's room. I saw Eren. All of the machines were going off. I ran over to him. He was clinging to life, barely holding on. From what I could see he was obviously drugged. You could tell his father had raped him then carved into his skin and stabbed him numerous times. On his chest the words unwanted and failure were carved.

I ran and got the doctor. As soon as she got there she rushed to help him. She hit a button and other doctors rushed in. They made me go out and wait in the waiting room.

Hours later they came and got me. They started at 7:16 and it was now 12Am. They lead me to his room. I was terrified. What if he doesn't make it. What happens if tomorrow morning he turns out dead. We got there. Eren was asleep. They had monitors hoked up to him and a mask to help him breathe. He was still clinging to life.

     The doctor checked a few things and then left. I sat down beside him. He looked so pained. I swear if I ever see his father again I will kill him. I love Eren but I haven't told him though. I plan on telling him when he wakes up.

    I can't lose Eren. When I was younger my father left me and my mother alone. I know where he is but I haven't talked to him in a while. My mother died when I was 14 years old. I just turned 17 so it's been 3 years. I put up a wall.

    I didn't want anyone close to me even if they meant the most to me. I didn't want to be hurt. I thought if I put up a barrier that I wouldn't get hurt but Eren's different. I'm letting him in. He needs me and I need him.

    If I hadn't saved him that day when I first met him he might be dead knowing him many times I have caught him trying to commit suicide and I wouldn't have been able to save him from his father that time although I wasn't able to save him this time.

    When I was 13 my mother got a disease that caused her to have to stay in the hospital. The disease was deadly. I had to manage the house alone. I visited her daily and one day the doctors said there was nothing left that they could do. A week later she became one of the deceased.

     If I lose Eren I may not be able to handle it with how much I care for him. I love him and I don't want to lose him. I have to protect him from now on. I can't leave him.

      One of the machines went off and Eren started to have a panic attack and woke up. The doctors ran in and held him down. Behind them another doctor walked in and gave him a shot. He stoped dead in his tracks. He layed there with a emotionless stare.

     The doctors left the room. Eren was awake but wouldn't speak. He didn't move around much at all. He acted lifeless.

      After an hour he finally started to talk a little. "Levi?" He questioned if it was me that was in the room. "Yeah Eren it's me your safe." He smiled and turned his head towards me. I'm glad he isn't dead. I held his hand and he gave me a tight squeeze. Soon he fell asleep.

    I wish that when I told him it was ok and he was safe that it was actually true. His father has probably found out he isn't dead and will probably try to kill Eren again. I can't ever leave his side. His father is out there somewhere waiting for his chance at Eren. I have to protect him the best I can.