Chapter 4

The Bet

Clarke took a seat on the couch behind everyone. She finally had the chance really took a second to look around after Janet returned to the recording booth. Her adrenaline was pumping. It almost felt like she was dreaming, as corny as that may sound.

"From the top Jan?" Terry asked, grabbing Clarke attention.

"No, guys I actually want to try something a little different with the B Verse. I'm feeling kind of inspired." She said and glanced out at Clarke only to see that Clarke already shared her gaze. She smiled and looked back down at the paper in front of her.

The music started and that all too familiar soft and beautiful sound of Janet's voice filled the room and everyone focused solely on her.

Clarke stood to her feet as Janet's voice pulled her in

Clarke stood to her feet as Janet's voice pulled her in. When Terry and Jimmy managed to pull their eyes away, Clarke was now standing right beside them. Her eyes never left Janet.

"Wow." Clarke finally said. She shook her head. Janet was so graceful. Elegant. Eyes closed and hands touching her face as she lost herself completely in the music. Janet opened her eyes and looked right at her. Clarke placed a hand over her heart, shook her head and smiled. She was in complete awe.

It didn't take Janet anytime to make the final changes to the song. She came out and joined Clarke on the couch. Jimmy played the track back and made a few adjustments. It was complete. Janet grooved and snapped her fingers to the music. Clarke loved just watching her and nodded her head to the beat until the song came to an end.

"So... what do you guys think?" Janet finally asked.

" I love it J. It's classic you and that piece you added today was the cherry on top." Terry answered.

" I definitely agree, it's one of my favorites so far Jan, we making magic in here." Jimmy looked over at Clarke who still hadn't taken her eyes off of Janet. "What do you think Clarke?" He asked.

"I think she is incredible. It! I think IT'S incredible." Clarke said and looked down feeling a little embarrassed but laughed when everyone else did.

"Well then, it's fait accompli! We will figure out the song order tomorrow. Thank you guys so much." They all came in for a hug as both men said their goodbyes.

"If you make anymore changes tonight Jan, text me and let me know. I will call you first thing in the morning." He said and then walked over to Clarke to shake her hand. "It was very nice meeting you. I'm sure we will see you again soon." Jimmy said as he walked out.

"You girls be good now, don't do anything I wouldn't do twice!" Terry called back at them as he headed down the hallway. "We're locking you girls in. Don't forget to lock up when you leave."

The sound of the door closing echoed through the hall and then just like that, they were finally alone.