Chapter 46

The Bet

Clarke stood outside of their new home in awe.

It was beautiful. Janet walked over to join her.

"Do you like it baby." She said grabbing Clarke's hand into her own.

"I absolutely love it baby. It's perfect." She said glancing at Janet and smiling.

One of the movers approached then. "Ms. Jackson this one is not labeled. Where would you like it?"

"Yes, umm you can actually put that one in the master bedroom. Thank you." She said politely.

"Yes ma'am." He smiled and walked away.

"What was in that box? Toys for Eissa?" Clarke asked curiously.

"Toys? Yes. For Eissa... no baby." Janet said smiling. Clarke turned towards her, grabbed her hips and pulled her close. Janet didn't care that people were all around them, including a few new neighbors out on their lawn trying to figure out who was moving in. She tugged on Clarke's dreads gently. Clarke smirked.

"Don't start something you can't finish." She said licking her lips slowly. Janet watched her tongue trail over them and felt her knees go weak.

"Oh I always finish baby." She said gripping her dreads harder, pulling her closer until their lips touched. Clarke held onto her hips tight falling deep into the kiss. They pulled away to look across the street a very flamboyant neighbor yelling in their direction.

"Yaaassss Motha!!! She is sexy Janet, you betta honey!!!" Janet and Clarke laughed and waved, as his boyfriend laughed nervously and apologized.

"So sorry Ms. Jackson. We love you so much! Welcome to the neighborhood." He said grabbing his waving boyfriend's hand and pulling him back into the their house.

Clarke glanced at Janet admiringly. "People love you so much babe." Janet blushed.

"We should invite them over for dinner. I bet it would be a lot of fun. We could even invite Gil." Thunder roared in the sky and they could feel small drops of rain starting to fall.

"We should get inside. You remember what happened the last time we got caught in the rain." Clarke said with a cheesy grin. Janet laughed, took her hand and lead her inside.