Chapter 38

The Bet

Janet laughed and squealed as Clarke picked up speed, running through the living room and back into the kitchen. She let Janet down and the aroma of the food overtook their senses.

"Wow Melissa! You've outdone yourself this time. This looks amazing." Janet said. Clarke agreed.

After getting the table all set up, Melissa left them to their dinner. Janet excused herself for a moment. She returned in a pull over sweater.

"Cold baby? I can warm you up." Clarke said flirtatiously. Janet blushed as sat the baby monitor down and took a seat next to Clarke.

They talked and ate as they reminisced about the tour. They also talked about were they were before meeting each other versus where they are now. Clarke couldn't believe that so much time had passed. They'd been together almost 8 months now.

Janet shifted in her seat anxiously as Clarke picked up her napkin. She had waited for her to grab it the entire dinner. Clarke unrolled napkin and piece of paper fell out. She glanced at Janet in confusion.

"What is this?" Clarke asked.

"It's the surprise I was telling you about." Janet responded. "Open it."

Clarke slowing unrolled the piece of paper and  began reading. Her eyes lit up. Janet's divorce had been finalized. "Babe!" Clarke stood up and picked Janet up into her arms. "This is great news!"

"I have know for about a week but I wanted to wait until we got settled back at home." Janet smiled. "With that being taken care of, there is something I want to ask you."

"And what's that sweetness?" Clarke asked and sat back down in her chair.

Janet pulled the sweatshirt over her head revealing the shirt underneath.

Clarke eyes lit up as she giggled and shook her head

Clarke eyes lit up as she giggled and shook her head. "You are so fucking adorable." She said pulling Janet close, letting her straddle her in the chair. Janet wrapped her arms around Clarke's neck.

"I want to be yours Clarke."

"You do?"

"Yes." She leaned in and kissed her softly. Clarke stood up and laid her on top of the table. Janet unbuttoned her jeans quickly as Clarke grabbed them from the ankles and pulled them off. She pressed her body against Janet's firmly, devouring her neck like it was desert.

Janet arched her back and pulled at Clarke's dreads as she moaned quietly into the air. "My god you feel so fucking good baby." She said. Clarke slid her hand slowly up between Janet's legs and Eissa begin cry over the baby monitor. They both looked at it, then back at each other and laughed.

"Hashtag mom life." Clarke said as they both sat up.

"I'll go get him." Janet said and kissed Clarke on the forehead.

"Let me do it. If I'm not back in 5 minutes... send the dogs because I've probably gotten lost in your huge ass crib." She joked and jogged off. Janet grabbed the baby monitor and activated the camera. She watched and listened as Clarke entered the room and turned on the lamp.

"Wassup little man, what's wrong buddy?" Clarke smiled as she picked him up. She checked his diaper. It was dry. "Did you have a bad dream?" She asked. He blinked sleepily and looked up at her as he rubbed his eyes.

Clarke took a seat in a rocking chair in the corner. She tickle his cheeks with one of her dreads and smiled. "You know," she spoke as she slowly rocked in the chair, "My mom used to sing to me when I couldn't sleep. I'll bet your mom sings to you too." She said. Janet smiled holding the monitor closer as she watched on.
"Well I promise that whatever song your mom sings to you I'll will learn. But until then, I'll sing you the song my mom used to sing to me." She cleared her throat a little and started to sing.

(Not me this time, but her voice is wonderful. Anette Moreno... look her up.)

Tears streamed down Janet's cheeks and she smiled. She watched as he look up at Clarke with wide eyes as she sang to him until he'd fallen back to sleep.

Clarke glanced down at him, smiled and kissed his hand. "I hope you liked my song." She whispered and stood up slowly. Clarke walked back over to his crib and laid him down carefully. "Sleep good little man." She said as she turned out the lights and walked out off the room.

Clarke walked down the hallway toward the bedroom. Janet stepped into view, forcing Clarke to stop dead in her tracks. Janet was wearing nothing to but the T-shirt now. She smiled, lifted it over her head and threw it to the floor. She was completely naked. "I feel like a bath. You coming?" She asked and slowly walked back into the bedroom.

Clarke licked her lips and followed, leaving a trail of clothes behind.