Chapter 37

The Bet

"Wait, where are you going? You passed my place Preston." Clarke said pointing behind them. He glanced at her through the rear view mirror.

"We just need to make a quick stop first."

They drove for another 15 minutes before coming to a stop. Preston held the door open and Clarke got out. "Where are we?" She asked as they headed up the stairs. He opened the door allowing Clarke to walk in ahead of him.

She looked around for a moment until the pictures on the wall grabbed her attention

She looked around for a moment until the pictures on the wall grabbed her attention. Mom? She thought as she walked over to get a closer look. She glanced back at Preston. He smiled.

"Welcome home Ms. Dubious." He said. "I'll get your bags from the car. Take a look around upstairs too. It's pretty amazing." He said and closed the door behind him.

Clarke headed upstairs, where Janet's voice. She followed it into the bedroom, Janet was sitting on the edge of the bed holding Eissa, with her phone to her ear.

Eissa noticed Clarke first and smiled holding his arms out to her. Janet glanced up to see her. "She's here Mother. Okay, I promise call later. I love you too, bye." She smiled, stood up and walked over to Clarke.

"Oh my goodness," Clarke said. "Look how big this little guy is getting." She said taking Eissa from Janet's arms. "What is all this?" Clarke asked pulling her into a tight embrace. Eissa laughed as he became trapped between them.

"Do you like it? I wanted to do something special for you." Janet pushed a strand of hair back in place on Eissa's head.

"Are you kidding? This is amazing!" Clarke leaned into to kiss her but intercepted by Eissa's little hand as he grabbed for Janet's face.

"I think someone wants a kiss first." Janet said and he laughed as they both kissed his cheeks.

Clarke propped Eissa up on her shoulders as she looked around her new bedroom. " This is soo dope baby. I can't believe it's mine."

"Mmhm paid in full

"Mmhm paid in full." Janet said,

"What?" Clarke said glancing back at her. She smiled.

"You own this baby." Janet said and laughed as Clarke's mouth dropped.