Chapter 58

The Bet

"Omg gosh Gil, there she is." Clarke whispered as they approached the table. She was in complete awe of Katherine. She was looking a bit serious at first, which made Clarke nervous, but as soon as she spotted Gil, she flashed that beautiful Jackson smile that they all seem to share. She tried to stand but her assistant who was close by came to her side to help her up.

"Gil! I feel like it's been forever sweetheart." She said holding her arms out to embrace him.

"Yaaaaasss your highness," He said bowing to her before going in for a hug. "You are looking fabulous as always. How are you?"

Clarke just stood there quiet for a moment. Gil had the same effect on everyone he comes across. Everyone loved him.

"I'm doing okay dear, just getting old." Katherine joked.

"Paaleeeeez, Jacksons don't age." He turned Clarke. "Something is in the water they drink I've heard." He laughed and Clarke smiled. "But enough of the small talk, KJ I would like looove for you to meet—"

"Clarke." Katherine said. She smiled and pulled her Clarke into a hug. "It is so nice to finally meet you. I have heard so man wonderful things about you." Her hug was warm and welcoming. It reminded Clarke of her own mother. It actually made her a little emotional and she blinked away her tears and smiled.

"It's so cool to finally meet you Mrs. Jackson." Clarke responded.

"Oh honey, please call me Katherine."

They all took a seat. The waiter came over for their drink orders and gave them a bit more time to look at the menu. There was little bit of small talk but Katherine wasted no time getting right to the point.

"So Clarke, you mentioned that there was something that you wanted to discuss with me." Katherine said. Clarke glanced over at Gil. He nodded and smiled.

Clarke cleared her throat. She was nervous and could feel her heart pounding out of her chest. "Yes ma'am Ms. Katherine."

"Just Katherine dear."

"Sorry," She said. "Well Katherine, as you know, Janet and I have been together for a while now. I love and adore her and Eissa so much. I just wanted to ask for your permission to—" Clarke glanced at Gil. His face was completely white. He also caught the attention of Katherine. She turned around to look behind her. Clarke didn't realize who they were looking at until he got closer. Her heart started to pound faster. She leaned over to Gil.

"Please tell me that is not Joseph Jackson walking towards us right now."

"Yup Daddy, that would be the King walking in our direction." Gil stood to his feet, trying to hide his nerves and smiled as honestly as he could. Katherine scoffed.

"Joseph, what are you doing here? Didn't I tell you that you weren't invited." He extended his arms to hug her but she wasn't having it. Gil laughed quietly catching Joseph's attention.

"Gil? Long time no see."

"Hey Joe, how have you been?" Joseph shook his hand firmly.

"We have to work on your hand shake son, it's a little soft." Joseph said.

Gil smiled. "Does this class come with a mani/pedi because I could use one." Gil said looking at his hands. Meanwhile, Clarke was completely silent. Joseph finally glanced in her direction.

"And who is this pretty young lady?"
He asked. Clarke extended her trembling hand.

"My name is Clarke. It's nice to meet you Mr. Jackson." Joseph seemed surprised.