Chapter 12

The Bet

Clarke opened her eyes and blinked a few times. She sat up and let the memories of last night rush in as she rubbed her eyes sleepily. For a second she thought she may have dreamed it all and then Janet shifted in the bed next to her. Clarke turned around to see her laying behind her, still fast asleep.

Clarke just watched her for a moment

Clarke just watched her for a moment. She couldn't believe she was just right there. She moved closer, wrapped her arms around her and kissed her softly. Janet eyes opened and she smiled.

"Good morning." Clarke said quietly.

"Good morning. How long have I been out?" Janet asked. Clarke looked over at the clock.

"It's a quarter to 9. Would you care for some breakfast? You can shower and borrow anything I have in my closet." Janet just smiled at her for moment. "What?" Clarke asked curiously.

"Nothing, I just think you're beautiful and yes I would love that actually."

Clarke grabbed a fresh set of towels and sat them on the counter. She also grabbed an extra toothbrush wiggling it in the air and handed it to Janet. "You never know when you might have a cute girl over. Gotta be prepared."

Janet grabbed Clarke by the shirt and pulled her in for a kiss. "Thank you." She said, bit her lip and smiled.

"Your welcome. I'm gonna get started on breakfast. Call me if you need any help in there." Clarke made her way downstairs and opened the fridge. She didn't know what she was going to make but strawberries were for sure on the menu.

(Actual Snap of me singing)

Just as Janet was about to close the door, Clarke started to sing. She recorded as much as she could and sent the clip to Gil. Her phone rang almost immediately.

"Bitch you must've put it down the way you got that girl over there singing. Don't start with the "buts" and "What ifs". Gil said. "If you didn't like what you herd, you wouldn't have sent it to me."

"I found out that singing ain't the only thing she good at." Janet giggled.

"I knew you was gonna do it slut." Gil said popping his tongue. "I better get all the details too." Janet laughed.

"What about you? How did things go with that waiter?" Janet asked starting the shower.

"Bitch, it didn't. Turns out he was a fan."

"Damn babe I'm so sorry." She said.

"Not of yours, of mine! He creamed his pants before I even got them down. I sent his ass home and put on, Trades Who Top."

Janet laughed hysterically. "And how did that go?"

"Bitch I came before I even got my panties off." Gil joked. "Seriously though back to Clarke. Dunk you should bring her. We could audition a hundred more people or we could use who fate put right in front of you. I'm just saying."

Janet sat in silence for a second. "You know I don't like the word fate."

"I know but this girl didn't come out of nowhere. It's not a coincidence. Just think about it. I gotta go wash my coochie. I'm sure you do too with you nasty ass. I will see you at the meeting later and hopefully Daddy Clarke will be with you. Love you Dunk."

Janet listened to the clip of Clarke singing a few more times before getting in the shower. The water pressure was amazing. She closed her eyes letting the water run through her hair and down her face. Memories of Clarke replayed in her head. The way she touched her. Kissed her. Fuck she'd felt so good. Janet wanted more but there was a lot to do today. So she quickly finished her shower and went through Clarke's closet.

Clarke had finally finished breakfast. She had set the table and squeezed some fresh grapefruit juice, enough to fill two glasses. She looked up and smiled as Janet made her way downstairs.

Janet smiled and did a spin. "How do I look?" She asked.

Clarke pulled her close. "I don't remember those ever fitting me like that." Janet had on a pair of Clarke's jeans and just her tank top from the night before.

"This looks amazing." She said sitting down at the table. "I'm so hungry. Thank you Clarke."

"Of course

"Of course. I didn't know what you liked so I squeezed juice and made coffee just in case. I also just tried to make sure with was low in carbs. I hope it tastes okay for you." She kissed Janet's hand and joined her at the table.

Janet looked away from her food for a moment and glanced at Clarke. "I could hear you singing before I got into the shower. You have a beautiful voice."

Clarke blushed and sipped her juice. "Thanks."

They were quiet for a moment until Janet finally broke the silence. "Clarke, I have a serious question I want to ask you."