Chapter 52

The Bet

"Dunk please stop pacing. It's only 1:30. Even you party longer than that." Gil said. His head going back and forth watching her. "Sit down girl, you're making me dizzy."

"I don't know Gil. It's just that Clarke and I are very connected... in ways that I can't comprehend. I feel her right now." She put her hand to her chest. "Call it love's intuition. I can't shake this feeling I have." She rested against the counter, head in her hands. Janet continued... "And she hasn't texted me Gil, not once. I never have to text her when we're apart because she beats me to it every time."

Gil stood up and joined her at the counter. "I've texted and called 5 times already." He said. "What about Preston? Just have him go inside." He said taking her hand. The worry was very evident in her eyes. "Or I could go."

"Alone? And have you burn the place down if shit looks shady... no." She joked. "Us going together... I'm not opposed to that idea." She said picking up her phone.

"Heeelloooo, we have Eissa. You can't just stroll up in there with a baby on your hip... you might need both them hands tonight Dunk."

"Already ahead of you. Wissam will be here in 15 minutes. Preston can be here in 7. He knows a short cut." She said flashing her phone screen in his direction.

Gil smiled. "That's why I love you Bitch."

"Okay I'm going to go jump into a pair sweat and tennis shoes."

"Ewww no. We can whoop ass and slay bitch. To your closet we go honey." He said grabbing her hand. "I already know what I want to wear."

"You have clothes here?"

"Hell yeah, brought some the first night I stayed here and stuck them in your closet. Stay ready so you don't have to get ready right?"

Wissam and Preston showed up with in five minutes of each other. Janet and Gil we're still getting ready. Wissam and Preston sat in the bed just waiting and watching. They glanced at each other every once in a while and shook their head.

Wissam walked them to the door, baby monitor in hand.

"I am so sorry again that you had to do this in the middle of the night Wissam."

"It's no problem at all. He's my kid too. Now hurry and go get your girl. Eissa probably won't even wake while you're away." She smiled and touched his shoulder.

"Thanks." She said getting into the car, Gil right behind her.

Gil glanced over at Janet. She looked so worried. "Hey," He said, taking her hand. "We're almost there. Stop worrying at least until we have something to worry about babe."

"Okay." She said forcing a smile and then focusing her attention back to the window.