Chapter 21: Best FRIENDS

Still in bed, you were twisting and turning remembering Clint's face. It must be that bad for him to laugh so hard... Cap didn't even talk!!! Pretty much the same thing. Should I see myself in the mirror?.. No, maybe it will break...

You finally decided sat up staring at the orange dawn when you heard Tony scream. You quickly pick yourself up and run towards it not minding your hair. Fuck that! You had somewhere else to be...

"Y/N!" A voice yelled and instantly pulled you towards it. You crashed at Loki's chest but you quickly pushed away.

"Loki!!" You yelled in an annoyed tone. "Stop doing that. Not that you've been doing that for quite sometime or maybe you haven't done that. Not to me, at least... but that's not the point! You scared me!!"

"Come, let's go out. You can tour me to a bookshop." Loki said grabbing one of your hands and pulling you to the elevator door. His hand cause a spark there for a moment. Like a few volts rushed through your body. It didn't hurt, it felt really good.

"Hold up!" You said taking your hand back. Quickly regretting the feeling of it. Loki also missed the warm touch of your soft skin. "Tony, he was screaming. I need to go and check up on him."

"Loki!!!!!!!" You heard another scream coming from Tony's voice. Loki started laughing silently at the corner.

"I just pranked him. Thought that could at least make you feel better." He said guiding you to the elevator. You watched the door closed before looking at him.

"Why would you do that? Not that I don't like it. I would pay to see his face though, but why would you do it?" You asks.

"We are friends, are we not? I supposed this is what friends do?" He replied. Ha! Friends... yeah, just friends... *sigh*

"Nope! We're more than that." You said smiling before giving him a tight hug. "You are now officially my best friend!!"

»※«

"Are you sure it's okay to leave the tower?" You asked taking a bite at your donut. It had that soft salty center... must be the cheese.

"I do what I want, midgardian." Loki replied trying to figure out how to drink with a funny straw.

"Yeah, right. You already paid for this right?" You asked. Loki stared at you in confusion. Oh, why?!? Why did I let him order?! "You haven't paid for this?!"

"I do not know your customs here in Midgard." He replied. You replied a curse that surprised him but he returned a smirk to tease you more.

"I hate you..." you growled in a low tone while giving him a glare.

"Is this not how best friends act?" He replied with a grin.

"Oh, fuck you." You said before storming to the cashier to pay for the foods.

"Excuse me? Uh, I'm here to pay for our foods..." you started while searching for Tony's credit card.

"Y/N?" A familiar voice said before it squealed in delight. "Girl, where've you been? All of us thought you moved!"

"Oh, h-hi... Chen." You replied giving an awkward smile. Good thing Loki gave you an illusion where you're hair wasn't a mess.

"Look at you!" She said before getting into business. "What did you order?"

"2 of my favorite donut, 2 drinks and 2 pasta." You replied.

"2 of everything? If I didn't know any better, you're here with a date!" She boomed with an excited glow.

"No, no. No date. Just here with a friend..." you answered brushing it off.

"Chen, what did I say about talking to custom---" a man with a plain casual attire stopped as soon as he saw you. "Y/N"

"Matt." You said in a pale face. He was the one who sent you that trashy photo. He was the manager of this place. A sexual harasser and the only suitor you ever had. "I'll just pay our bills, Chen. Nice meeting you again."

"Don't, I'll pay for it. In house." He instantly say pushing back your credit card.

"I can pay for myself, Matt." You answered dully.

"What is taking you so long?" You heard Loki whined. He was now standing right behind you.

"Can you just, uh,.. wait a little longer? Please, Loki?" You asked pleadingly.

"Who is he?" Matt asked. Loki noticed his presence and finally gave him a glance.

"I remember him. He's the guy that send you that lowly picture of pure gruesome." Loki snarled.

"Chen, just get the check. Now. Please?" You ordered before holding Loki back. Oh, boy. This ain't gonna be good.

Chen finally took your pay and as soon as she handed back the credit card the sooner you pulled Loki out the store.

"Why did you avoided that male midgardian? Awkward, maybe... but you are not that awkward before. Angry? Perhaps, disgust? I want an explanation, Y/N."

"I don't owe you one." You replied walking away from the store. Loki walked pass you only to block your path.

"I do believe you do." He insisted. You scoffed at it and tried to pass him but he held you firmly. "Is this not how best friends behave? They tell everything? I have heard about this. You have told me that I am your best friend. Now, I expect you to tell me everything."

"Fine!" You answered in defeat. "You are such a drama queen."