Chapter 32: The start of Part 2

(A/N: Welcome back! I really miss updating! Well, without anymore delay! This chapter is dedicated to RosieTheShadowReader.  Okay, one down. A lot of commenters to go. Happy holidays everyone! I could just imagine myself being bored to death.)

Your paced filled with anger as you stormed through a room where a man waits for you with a smile. How dare he!

He just stood there waiting for you to come closer and all your blood just boils when you remember what you saw this morning. His smile faded as you gave him a hard slap.

"What was that for?!?" He groaned and wondered why you did it.

"What the hell, Tony!" You started glaring at your father. "I have been gone for a few months! Few months! And you're on a war with Steve!! Not only that! I've stopped by at Pepper's and she is finding 'Tony' a sensitive topic. Turns out, you broke up with her!!"

"Cool off, actually." Tony butting in didn't really helped with your mood. It was pissed off.

"That's were it will lead!!" You yelled again.

"Okay, having boyfriend issues again?" He said recognizing that you're putting all your anger at him because of something else.

"No, I'm just tired." You answered taking his chair since he showed no sign of seating on it anyway. Who knew finding that Thanos guy is hard. I've been out for 8 months to get to farthest reach the Aven-jet can take me. I was hoping I know what happened when New York happened. I feel like I'm involved and dreams keeps popping up and that didn't help at all.

"You look hideous by the way. Go to sleep." He ordered but it was too late. You dozed off at the table. He got Vision to carry you since he had to do something.

»※«

"Y/N, how could you sign it!" Steve asked. He found you eating ice cream at Baskin Robbins and Clint spotted you.

"Cap, I have my reasons. Signing the accords is one of the most reasonable thing Tony ever did. If you could just see that he's trying!" You reasoned. You met at an abandoned warehouse where Sam was currently guarding.

"You don't know what you're saying, Y/N. Ross is not one I trust. The accords would bind you. You're freedom gone." He added.

"Let's admit it. Tony doesn't like his freedom getting taken. He can compromised... but you can't just ignore that the man's already scarred." You explained. You saw everything that happened in Sokovia. Wanda told you his fear and you understood him more.

"Scarred? Tony doesn't care about anyone but himself!"

"How could you say that! You don't know one bit Cap, don't talk about him like that." You scolded.

"Why are you even here?" He asked changing the conversation. Tony had been the most sensitive topic lately so you just go with it.

"Hoping I can change your mind but by the way I'm seeing it. You wouldn't just save your oldest best friend for no reason." You stated. "We have one thing in common right now, Cap. We wouldn't do the things we are doing if we don't have anything solid for us to take it as a choice. Why are you protecting, Barnes?"

"He's not the one who killed King T'chaka."

"Woah there, never said he did."

"I missed the old Y/N. You know, the cheerful, curious girl?" He said changing the topic. Your eyes flinched for a moment. They miss the old Y/N? Did she ever left? Maybe she's taking a break. Why does everyone always tell that! Nat did. Clint did. Sam didn't complain because I didn't know him.

"Haha, don't change the topic." You said. He explained everything about what happened to Barnes and immediately agreed to help him.

"You will?" He asked in disbelief. "Why?"

"He's innocent, Cap. Being force to do the bad thing and paying the blame is tough. A chance of explanation and a chance to be understood is needed." You replied. Tony's gonna kill you if he find out.

"You can just side with us." He persuaded but your minds made up.

"I'm on no one's side, Cap. You are half-right, Tony's half-wrong which is the same as being half-right. Since I choose the right side of you two. I'm now the only one right." You answered.

"You need to pick a side eventually. You can't handle being in between."

"I'm a Fury and a Stark. I think this is exactly what the names do when they are combined."

»※«

"You what?!" Tony yelled as you explain everything. "You sign the accords to team up with Rogers? I thought you were on my side?!"

"I'm not picking sides, Tony." You assured. "I'm not telling you what their plan is and I haven't tell them what's yours."

"But you signed the Accords! You should've arrested them! It's your duty." Tony reasoned. You snort a bit because of the 'duty' but other than that you didn't bother to make fun of it.

"Uh, no. That's the Avengers DUTY. Since the team is taking sometime to cool off. My duty needs to cool off as well." You explained smirking a bit. Maybe you did made fun out of it.

"1, stop that. 2---"

"You don't have reason number 2. You just want me to stop my toilet humor." You replied.

"Urgh! How can I not stay angry at you betraying me when you're doing that!!"

"I don't betray. Nat does. I'm just the referee in this war." You said and went to peek if Wanda was asleep. She was and all cuddled up with Vision reading a cook book... The sight hurt you when you remembered it could still be you and Loki...

"I almost forgot. I arranged a dinner for you and Pepper after that deadline you have to capture Steve."

"Why are you tinkering with my lovelife?" He whined and followed you to your room.

"Because I don't have one to begin tinkering with." You replied and closed the door. You have not moved on, apparently.

(A/N: I have to move further updates to Dec. 22 since my school can't even let us have an earlier Christmas break and have our test by Dec. 18-20. I will upload the next chapter later and you can wait until Dec. 22 for the rest.