Chapter 25: Hate

Dinner came a few weeks ago and Loki ignored you the whole time and you felt disappointed because of that. Scratch disappointment! You were annoyed! Hell, let's make it mad! Yeah, you are mad at him.

You didn't think it was even close to any possibility that anyone can ignore someone but Loki succeeded in proving you wrong.

Every time you see him, he would pretend you're not around and look the other way. Sometimes, he would just teleport out of your way.

You always try to search his face for any emotion but you grew tired of even thinking he would miss you. He was the one who started to ignore you anyway. Why would he even miss you?

"Hey, Y/N!" Steve called out with a smile. It was once super melting but now, you think it's just cute and so does he.

"Yes?" You asks and met him midway.

"I'm free today. How about you help me grant my promise?" He asks.

"Where's Wanda? Shouldn't you be sparring together? I mean, I can wait for Nat or Clint." You explained. Nat helped you practice when she saw you on the training room just staring at the wall for no reasons.

"Wanda's training with Loki. Tony realized a few alikeness in their power and maybe that could enhance Wanda's control over it." Everyone explaining always hits you in the heart with tons of pains. You should've learned not to ask.

Wanda? Not that I'm angry at Wanda but why her? Loki didn't even want to teach anyone! Why would Wanda be her first?..

"So, when do we start?" You asks him.

He escorted you to the training hall and you saw Loki at the corner of your eyes. You didn't even dare look at his direction and just keeps on walking. Steve's hand was on your back and it was a bit relaxing to have someone support you.

*Loki's P.O.V.*

I watch that Scarlet girl do the task that I asks of her. She was annoyed at me but I simply do not care about what she feels.

My mind still wander. From a few weeks back to the feeling I have when my 'brother's' friends changed my sleeping quarter.

I was being stupid. I don't see her most of the time and my mind keeps on voting to ignore her. I have no reasons for ignoring her and that is stupid of me.

It's just that ever since I wrote her that mind-boggling letter, I feel something weird. Like, my brain sees that ignoring her is the most logical thing to do yet after that I would regret it so horribly, it's sickening.

I continue to watch that whining sokovian before actually showing her what to do. I was annoyed and bored. When I stood next to her and watch how wrong she does it, the door opened.

Y/N entered with Steve. She didn't seem to see me as she continues to walk to other end of the corridor and smiles at Steve.

Fake. Her smile is fake. Why won't she glance around? Her curiosity must be dying if she don't look around.

I continue to let myself get distracted by her presence. I indeed miss her. I wish I could talk to her but it feels wrong. She seems too perfect for me to even approach.

The way she changes and blends with others. The way I can see that she is faultlessly graceful even though sometimes she's clumsy. What is wrong? Why is?.. Am I smiling?

"You sure are." I heard that girl say. I forgot she can hint feelings. I gave her a glance and glared at her intrusion."Isn't Y/N looking so cute when she's serious?"

"Focus on the task at hand. Lift your head. Project confidence." I ordered and lifted her chin. She shouldn't be looking down. That is plain wrong. "Do not forget to bend your lips."

"You mean, smile?" She questions but I do not care for her terms

*My P.O.V.*

It was relaxing to release your pent-up anger when sparring with Cap. You can' hold back because he can counter anything. He's a pro anyway.

You were almost smiling for reals but when you fell face first. You almost laughed but it faded when you saw Loki lifted Wanda's chin.

You decided to just continue the laugh even though it hurts. You twisted and let Steve help you.

»※«

This is the last straw! Ignore me all you want Loki but this is not something you do to your fucking best friend. Yes! I am just your best friend! I'll deal with that! But for the love of anything stupid, why are you being so oblivious!

You decided to pay Loki a visit in his room. First, it was just for a common friendly 'hi' then it went to a full blown rage. Which is why you are currently stomping your way to his room.

You knocked at it with a calm face. Loki is in for a big trouble with all the angry words brewing inside your mind.

Loki opened it. Shocked that you were standing there. He didn't know what to say. It caught him off guard and you got even annoyed by that.

"Can we talk?" You asks calmly trying not to stab him or dissolve him or kill him.

"Uhm,.. I do not have anytime for you today, midgardian. I still need to finish a good novel. You would understand." He replied. Still no emotion. Now, you are mentally tearing your hair off with his reaction.

"But you have time for Wanda? You know, I'd understand if you would just say that you don't wanna hang out with me or that you wanted space! But lying to me? You can't lie to me, Loki." You said in an equal no emotion tone. "Just say the word to me, Loki. Just say, 'Y/N, leave me alone.' I'd do it."

What the heck? Was that even on my mind?!? When did that pop in my mind?! Urgh!! What am I saying? Need. To. Shut. Up. Stop talking me!!

*Loki's P.O.V.*

What is she? Does she want me to leave? Why is she saying this?

"Never mind. This is stupid! I am stupid! I should just leave. Okay, bye!" She said cutely and left. What has gotten into her?