no way

KJ's POV

Tears obscure my vision as fast as I try to clear them away by blinking. Aunt Saf's words ring in my ears, still fresh."We don't even know if she'll wake up... Let alone if she'll want to see you..."

I shouldn't' have gone back to the hospital. It wasn't worth it. Nothing's worth it. I finally raise a shaky hand to my cheek to wipe away a rogue tear, opening my eyes just enough to see the traffic coming at me.

I open my eyes just as soon as my truck flips, me trapped inside. I touch my cheek, realizing not all of my dream was just a dream.

"Baby girl?" Vin grabs me, pulling me to him, "It's okay. It was a bad dream."

"More like a shit memory," I mumble. "I'm fine, Kid. You can let me go."

He does and I grab my phone, checking the time. I can allow myself one more hour of torture. Or sleep as neurologically sound people probably call it.

"Are you okay?" Vin asks me. 

"Me? Okay?" I dodge the question, "Aren't I always a little fucked up?"

"You aren't answering the question," He grabs my bicep, "KJ..."

I kiss him on the lips to shut him up, "I don't want to talk about it."

"Would you rather do something about it?" he teases, his eyebrows wiggling. I allow him to pull me back to him, kissing me again, the intensity increasing. He tugs at my shirt, sliding it easily off of my body.

My phone rings and he stops, seeing the caller ID before I do. Fuck. Vin moves away from me entirely, wordlessly leaving the room. I answer the phone, "Hey."

"Hello? Jane? Are you on your way?" Layne's voice rings out over the phone.

"Yeah," I sigh, getting out of bed, "On my way."

I hang up and look for Vin, only to be deterred by the sound of a motorcycle engine. I rush to the window, but he's already gone.

I guess that's what we're doing here.

I head back into the room and get ready, horny added to my normal pile of stressful emotions. I put on track pants and a plain tee then head out.

Layne's POV

"Hey, Layne." 

I sit up in bed, trying to make sense of my dreams. Are they dreams?

"I really like you, KJ...."

I blink away the images of me kissing her time and time again, all blurred. I can't tell if there just dreams or not. But then would they be memories? I check my phone. It's Saturday.

I bother to get up early enough to eat breakfast with Dil and Dru. I can see they aren't particularly happy with my arrival. Still, Dru, forever the devil's advocate, plays his part.

"How was your date?" Dru asks, "You got in late."

"It was good. Thanks for asking, Druett," I smile, then turn to Dil, "It's nice that---"

Dru kicks me under the table, cutting my smart comment short. I look at him and he rubs his fingers together, warning in his eyes.

"It's nice that good dates still happen," I finish, "You guys should get out more. Together."

"That's a really nice idea, Layne," Dru turns to Dil, "Right, babe?"

Dil mumbles something under his breathe, but one look from Dru and he pulls out his happy face too, "That would be nice."