no fear

Layne's POV

I'm falling through the Earth. The air smells damp and I can feel the moisture of the clay in my bones.

And I'm not afraid.

My body slams down and I'm in my room from my childhood home, my body jarred from slamming into my cheap mattress. I launch up, surprised at my survival.

"Miss me?"

My eyes adjust to the dark and I see Kaylie Jane standing at the end of my bed, dressed causally in a long tunic teen and ripped jeans. I freeze at the sight of her, not knowing how to react. How did she get in here?

"I missed you," she crawls towards me on the bed, until we're face to face. Her eyes scan my face, lingering on my lips, "Can I kiss you?"

I nod and her lips land on mine. There's no way I should be letting this happen, but it's like it's not even me. Like I've been possessed by a super hoe and am now just along for the ride.

I close my eyes, falling into the kiss. Her hands find mine and our fingers intertwine. She smells like fire, like she just crawled from the pits of hell.

"I don't like the silent treatment..." she mumbles against my skin.

I remain quiet.

"Hm..." she smirks, "If it's gonna be like that... I'll just have to make you scream."

Even without doing anything more than kissing me I start to feel the pressure building in my loins.

"KJ!"

***

"Fuck!" I'm thrown from my dream realm back into reality just as dream me was about to get her happy ending. My skin feels unbearably hot and I struggle to catch my breath. Fuck. I can't be that depraved as to have wet dreams about her. I groan and slide out of bed, trying to ignore the ache between my legs.

Kaylie Jane wasn't even in the city and was somehow fucking with me still.

I find Wren in her office, already dressed. She detects my presence and turns to me, "If your wanna shower there's towels in the bathroom closet."

I nod and strip out of my borrowed pajamas, the tile cool under my feet. I consider masturbating, but don't want to give dream KJ the satisfaction.

After my shower Wren and I go out for breakfast before work. As we eat, my phone vibrates. MY HEART. My favorite picture of us, the one from when we were kids, lights up my screen and my heart aches. This was the fifth call since yesterday. I flip my phone over, letting it go to voicemail.

Wren watches with me as my phone stop vibrating, then immediately starts up again. "You know she's gonna come back right?" Wren asks, "She's like a case of herpes."

"I know," I exhale, "I just..."

"You don't have to explain it to me," she says, "Just know you're gonna have to explain to her when she comes back."

"I know," I nod, "I need time though."

My phone lights up again. "You should tell her that," Wren smirks.

I turn my phone of do not disturb, setting it so that only her number is blocked.

"She's not going to keep calling forever," I shrug, "She'll get tired."

"She will," she agrees, "But that's when she'll show up in person."

***

KJ's POV