no guilt

KJ's POV

"It's yours."

The realtor hands me two sets of keys and shakes my hand, "Enjoy your new home."

I contain my excite as Layne let's hers free, grabbing and shaking my arm, "Babe! Babe! Babe! Babe!"

She chants over and over bouncing excitedly next to me. "We have a house."

"Yeah," I laugh, her giddiness infectious, "I know."

After much deliberation, we'd finally settled on a two bedroom home with a neutral brick exterior and simple interior. It wasn't our perfection, but she could see herself in the kitchen cooking and I could see myself in the smaller bedroom, which we agreed would be my office.We head over to her apartment and I help her pack up the rest of her things. I'm clearing her desk off when she gets distracted.

"KJ," she places a hand on my torso and I turn around. She grabs me, kissing me unexpectedly. She pulls away slowly, reading the questions in my eyes, "It's been a while and I'm horny."

It's been a while? By a while, she means since yesterday. I laugh, "Seriously?"

"So serious," she kisses me again, deeper and more demanding. My lips respond accordingly, parting for her as she pulls me closer. I should be turning her down. We still have so much to do, between moving, buying furniture, and packing up.

We fall onto her bed and I pull away, "We have more adulting things to do..."

"Baby, we just got a house," she kisses me again, "Consider this a celebration."

***

We end up "celebrating" the rest of the night. When my alarm goes off and I slide out of bed, heading to her bathroom, splashing my face with water. I try to meet my own eyes in the mirror, but find that I can't.

I haven't looked myself in the face for a while actually.I return to the bedroom and begin to gather my clothes and get dressed quietly as possible. Boxers. Bra. Jeans. I realize my shirt is gone. I drop to the floor, checking under the bed for it. We were right here when she ripped it off of me last night! What the fuck?

"Where are you going?" I jump and turn to see Layne sitting up in bed, watching me. And also wearing my shirt.

"Hey, babe," I move to kiss her but she dodges me.

"You were gonna leave without saying good-bye?" she frowns.

Hell, yeah. "Not intentionally..." I lie, "You just looked so cute I didn't want to wake you."

"Mmhm," she guides my chin in for a kiss, "Somehow I don't believe you. Looking for this?"

She motions to my shirt, and takes it off, leaving her completely naked. She drapes the shirt around me, dressing me. "Still... You haven't answered my first question: Where are you going?"

"Church," I answer honestly, finding myself too distracted by her to lie.

"Church?"

"Church," I affirm as she finishes buttoning my shirt, but not before she glides her fingertips graze my chest.

"Can I go with you?"

I immediately respond, "No."

She pouts, rubbing my shoulders, "You would've said 'yes' to me last night..."

I would've let her kill me last night. Literally.

"Too bad you didn't ask last night," I tease, "Besides, you have to finish packing." I look around the room, "Or really start packing."