no bluffing

Warning: Light smut. Diet smut if you will. ; )

(Also I met another update deadline:D)

****

KJ's POV

I feel a shift in the bed as Layne rolls away from me, to the farthest edge of the bed. I expect a second shift from her getting up to maybe go pee, but there isn't one.

I roll over, feeling in the dark for her. "Babe?" My voice comes out heavy with sleep and lowered in tone.

"Do we have too much sex?" Layne asks immediately.

"Is there such a thing?" I mumble, still half asleep.

She hits me, startling me awake, "Kaylie Jane!"

I jump awake from her, groaning, "What?"

"I'm asking you a question!" She asserts.

I groan again, realizing this conversation was happening whether I wanted it to or not. I cut on the bedside lamp, better illuminating her figure, clad in my shirt.

"No, I don't think we have too much sex," I reply honestly. I know what it's like to be having too much sex with Layne. It's a dark place we've been to before. Still, here we are, so I ask, "You're asking me though, so I guess you do?"

"We've had more sex than meaningful conversation since you've been back," she says, "So yeah. I think we have a problem."

We? I start to reply with the facts, which is that she initiates most of our intimacy, but decide pointing fingers is not going to help. After all, I was a more than willing participant.

I sit up all the way, sitting criss cross, "What do you want done about it?"

"Well can we start with where you've been?" She asks.

"I was in Colorado with Vin," I answer.

She looks away from me, uncomfortable, "Did you want to get back with him?"

"Of course not. Hey," I pull her attention back to me, "He got shot. I was taking care of him until he got out the hospital. I know you don't trust me around old flames but nothing happened between us. Promise."

"Okay," She nods, "But we still haven't figured out any tangible plans for the future either. I know we said were weren't going to stress about it but I can't help it. I worry about us, KJ. Constantly."

I take her hand, rubbing it tenderly, "What's bothering you the most?"

"Well to start us off," she exhales, "Where are we going to live?"

"Where do you want to?"

"Where do you want to?" She asks again, whining, "I asked you first."

"I asked you second," I tease.

"Stop it!" She pushes me over on the bed, causing me to burst into a fit of giggles. "Be serious, please."

"Sorry," I calm down and clear my throat, "At first I was thinking your old house," I start, "But now I'm thinking if we're going to start over, we really need to start over. Housing included."

She takes a minute to process before nodding, "So then... house hunting?"

"I have a showcase set up for us next week," I inform her, "Layne, I heard you when you said you wanted us to have a plan and I've been planning ever since. I said I was going to be serious about us and I meant that shit," I take her hand, "If that means you want us to stop having sex---"

"Okay woah---" she cuts me off, blushing, "I didn't say that."

I laugh, "I'm kidding. But seriously I told you I'm trying. Please believe me when I say I want us to work out. I love you. We're going into this solid, like you said."