no time left

Layne's POV

My leg bounces impatiently as I wait for it to be time. With KJ and I's no sex thing going on, I could no longer sleep in the guestroom where I'd been staying. Thus, I choose to stay with Wren the night before our wedding.

"You guys are boring," Wren paces in front of me, "Neither of you are going to have a bachelorette anything?"

"I don't want to do anything," I reply. God I miss her.

In me messing with her this afternoon, I'd accidentally gotten myself hot and bothered more than anything.

"You two must really be in love," she falls onto the couch next to me, "Because I'd be out partying hard if I were you."

"I'm sorry I'm an old lady," I say dryly, "My bad all I want is to lay in my love's arms."

"If you could stand only laying in her arms you'd be doing that and not hiding over here," Wren teases me.

"Again," I roll my eyes, "I most humbly apologize for being attracted to my future wife."

She hits me and I laugh, "You're such a smart ass. I don't know how she deals with you."

"The secret is we're both assholes," I push her, "It's a match made in heaven."

She pushes me again, "Or in hell."

We both laugh and she turns to me, "Are you ready? Like really?"

"It would be awkward if I wasn't right?" I reply.

"You've even started to answer questions like her," Wren comments, "I'm serious. Talk to me."

"I know three things right now," I take a deep breath, "I love her. She loves me. And whatever happens we'll work through."

"Hm," she accepts my answer and heads to the kitchen, returning with two bottles of something. I stare at the black bottle, decorated with colorful fruits. Sangria. She takes a seat again before changing the subject, "So which of you is the husband?"

"Are you serious?" I laugh, "Um... That's now how this works."

"What? I get the marriage equality thing but one of you has to be like, more manly," she continues, as I laugh at the awkwardness of this question, "What? Like what if you hear a noise at night? Which one of you goes to check?"

I pause at the validity of the question, "Neither. We die a terrible, homosexual, death."

"Okay," she moves on, "What if you... Okay what are you guys doing about the last name thing?"

"She's taking mine." Neither of our families were perfect, but hers had all but disowned her, so giving up her last name was nothing for her.

"Kaylie Jane Sinclair," she tests the name.

"Actually," I correct her, "While we're changing names and everything, she's just going to go by KJ from now on."

"Just through the whole name away, huh?" I nod. "I like it. What if there's a spider? Who kills it?"

"Probably me," I take a sip of my drink, robust fruit flavors coating my tongue, "KJ looks way more masc than she actually is. She can't stand bugs."

"What are you guys doing about vows?" she continues, "Those are super gendered."

"Dru is officiating so he wrote them for us," I explain, "He's gay as hell so I trust he found something gender nuetral for us to say."

"That's smart," she's not done however, "Well who pays the bills?"