Suho x Kris

So short, but so cute

"Alright, this is just weird." I couldn't help but huff, deciding to put my phone (and the dozens of unread emails) away. "So you want to give me a break, that's fine. You could've taken me to dinner, or the park for a nice walk, whatever. Instead you bring me to an empty park when no one is around because..."

"Can you wait for a second?" Kris suddenly slowed down his pace, nearly making me bump into him; after glancing around, he pulled me aside and began rummaging through his jacket. "Alright, hold on..."

"What is this, a very nonthreatening murder attempt?"

"What the- no? Why would you- it's just... um, okay." Kris swiped a hand over his eyebrows, sighing loudly. "You know how couples have rings? Not like engagement rings, but not cheap flimsy metal- weddings bands, is that what they're called?"

I could hardly stifle the urge to roll my eyes, smiling at his cute dumb expression. "Yes, Kris, wedding bands. What about them?"

"Um, well..." Kris bit his lip, watching my expression. I frowned and glanced down at his hand, only to gawk as he pulled out a small red box, revealing two silver rings inside.

"Look, they... they're not expensive, but I really couldn't afford a very expensive one. I-I can return it if you don't like it."

I pretended not to hear him as I pulled him closer by his jacket, kissed him gently. I felt him smile as he kissed me back. I finally found my wits and pulled away, laughing shyly. Kris held out a hand. I offered him my left, watching with my breath held as he gently slid a ring onto my finger. I nearly knocked the box out of his hand reaching for the other ring, both of us awkwardly fumbling before bursting into nervous laughter. Kris grinned widely as I slid on his, sighing contently as he pulled me into a hug. 

"I love you more than the galaxy, Suho..." 

"Cheesy," I mumbled against his chest, giggling despite myself as he lifted my chin up with a raised eyebrow. 

"Shut up before I take the ring back."

We both cracked up, leaning against one another before Kris sought out my lips once more, dropping the velvet box to press his palms on either side of my face. I clutched his jacket, the warm weight of the ring already feeling natural.