Chenkai pt. 2

Kai started off simply- well, simple for him. 

"Chen, we're going shopping."

"Wha-" Chen didn't even have time to say anything- he was dragged off by Kai, and soon they were in an expensive store looking at stuff. 

"Kai," Chen whined as Kai brought him a few pants. "What's up with you? Did you break my iPad or something?"

"Hm," Kai made it obvious that he glanced around before pulling Chen aside. He pressed Chen against a wall, smiling down at him. 

"K-Kai," Chen said, immediately realizing. "Y-You have K-Kyung-"

"You're so cute," Kai murmured, booping Chen's nose. "Come on; you still have to make sure the pants fit."

Kai led Chen to the change rooms by holding his hand, making Chen whine even more. Kai had to admit that Chen's whines were adorable.

Kai continued to take Chen out- sometimes to restaurants, other times movies, arcades, until he decided to make the final cut. As all of EXO was eating dinner, Kai called from the kitchen for Chen to help with dishes. As soon as Chen came in, Kai brought him close and whispered in his ear.

"Can you meet me at the bridge tonight or no?"

Chen gave a little shiver and nodded. He looked down, biting his lip nervously with a frown.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you." Kai promised. "I'll give you a present."

"Kai," Chen looked up, eyes still showing nervousness. "Maybe... it's not..."

Kai pretended to look hurt. "Chen, you don't trust me?"

Chen slowly hugged Kai, resting his cheek on Kai's chest. Kai hugged back, kissing Chen's temple. 

"One, little favor," Kai whispered. 

"Alright," Chen whispered back. 

Chen came to the bridge, unsure of where Kai would be. He sat on the steps, shivering slightly at the cold. He was almost sure Kai wouldn't-

"Chen, why aren't you wearing a coat?"

Chen looked up, surprised to find Sehun there. Sehun immediately took his jacket off and slung it over Chen's shoulders, sitting next to him. 

"Wh-Where's K-Kai?" Chen said through shattering teeth, only then realizing how cold he was. 

"Chen," Sehun sighed. "I need to tell you something. Kai-"

"Sehun."

Both looked up to find Kai, glaring slyly at the maknae. Sehun stood, frowning. 

"I think it's my cue to leave." Sehun said, snatching his jacket off Chen and storming away. Kai glared as Sehun purposefully bumped into his shoulder. Chen wrapped his arms around himself as he stood. 

"I-I can leave..."

"No," Kai sighed, walking up to him. He allowed a smile as he took Chen's face into his hands, smiling gently. "Are you OK? Did Sehun hurt you?"

"No," Chen whispered. "I'm just cold."

Kai immediately took his jacket off and gave it to Chen, making sure it fit snugly over him. Chen smiled up at the younger man, surprised at how nice he was. Kai smiled back and slung an arm over Chen, leading him to the middle of the bridge.

"There's a show we have to go to soon," Chen said, trying to break the awkward silence. Kai nodded and they continued walking, both not making eye contact.

"Kai, what's up with you?" Chen said after a few minutes of silent walking. "What made you like me all of a sudden?"

Kai gave a content sigh and looked to Chen. "I have no idea."

Chen froze, confused. Kai stopped too, and came in front of the older member.

"So you fell for me." Chen said bitterly. "Just like that- you probably saw me shirtless one too many times."

"Chen, no." Kai sighed, trying to hug him. But Chen crossed his arms and looked down biting his lip. Kai waited until he looked up, but Chen didn't. So they stood there for what seemed like hours.

"We should head ba-" Chen's voice cracked and he cleared his throat. "Back. The others will notice something."

"Chen, don't be ridiculous." Kai snapped. Chen flinched and didn't reply. He simply turned on his heel and started walking from where he came from. 

"So just like that, it's over?" Kai yelled. "It's gone?"

Chen spun back and ripped the jacket off, whipping it at Kai. Kai caught it, confused. 

"You can have your coat back," Chen said, breath hitching. "But you can't have me. It's over before it begun."

With that, Chen walked off the bridge, leaving Kai guilty and cold.