Chapter 2 - The preparations, Part 2

I dedicate this chapter to ALL OF YOU GUYS WHO CHOSE TO GET ON READING this far. Thank you so much! Don't forget to click the star 🌟at the end of the chapter. This one is for YOU!!!

Well, I still stick to what my Grandma had told me so many times before . . . . 'that real beauty comes from within . . . from the heart.' For what it's worth . . . for me, it is priceless . . . and yeah, it's practical! And I believe in it! Completely!

What a million nonsense is this thing they call 'beauty sense'! My three 'Godmothers' brought me to their favorite spa, which was owned by a friend of Davey, a day before the Big Day! They made me go through a whole day of body wrap, exfoliation and facial/scalp/ foot spa treatments . . . anyways . . . the works!

And this was a first . . . to such a procedure, or to any beauty regimen, for this matter. My friends have been boasting about it and enjoyed the treatments from time to time.

Okay! I honestly admit this . . . the feeling of rejuvenation is real nice! No . . . it's so refreshing and . . . maybe, the best! Well . . . I've nothing to compare it with because I've never done anything like this before, so I'd rate it thus far, the best . . . a 10! However, this will be my last, I just couldn't afford it . . . and it is not my style!

And so today, Sabbi was in awe as she watched the last phase of the whole beauty regimen!

I was a very shy person when I was a teenager. I avoided the junior prom in high school opting for work and no matter how hard they tried, my best friends couldn't do a thing about it. I was that stubborn!

Then during my senior year . . . when I had finally succumbed to my besties' persuasive powers . . . we had to rush Grandpa to the hospital who died shortly after, due to cardiac arrest and to old age, on Prom night.

So today had become the 'highlight' . . . short of the 'debut' in my adult life. And the feverish preparations and everyone's excitement . . . well, they got to me as well, sort of.

Angela did my face first as Sabbi's small chatter disturbed every once in a while the sense of euphoria that dominated my bedroom.

Hyacinth and Angela have already done their own make-ups. So all three eager sets of eyes were now on me.

"Please, Angela . . . just do the minimum on my face, okay? Remember last year when you gave me that compact powder? I really looked aweful. My whole face seemed like a baked lobster! It took several weeks for my face to get completely healed!"

"I got it! I got it! Oh, my gosh, I almost forgot about that incident. I'm so sorry bestie! Yeah. I can't imagine what you'd look like in the middle of the affair this evening! No, I just can't allow it. Hmm . . .!" She was now looking at me like a guinea pig!

"We've done shaping your eyebrows by removing the unwanted hairs and thinning down the tail end.

"Well, now that we've put on the false eyelashes . . . all I gotta do is make your eyes, which is your best asset look a little sultry!"

"And I want to make the eyelashes look fuller and longer with this mascara." Angela continued.

"Oh, no . . . Angela please . . . those false eyelashes are making me feel so aweful, I think you are trying to turn me into a clown!" I can't help voicing out my apprehension towards makeups.

"Ouch! That really hurts, my friend! Please have some faith in your bestie, will you?"

"Fine! But make sure I won't look like a peacock!" I warned Angela.

"Yeah! Yeah! Better a peacock than a clown!" Angela jested, rolling her eyes.

Both Sabbi and Hyacinth burst out into fits of laughter while holding unto their tummies.