Chapter 10 - Casual, But Exclusive, Part 3

Please take note that the entire story, from the start up to the latest update has not been edited by a professional. So, if you find lapses, errors and so forth, please bear with me. And I'm doing my best to keep the errors to a minimum, I can't afford a professional. Hope you'd understand. Thanks a lot from the bottom of my heart.

A comfortable silence enveloped us for some time, each to our own thoughts. Ashton's words and his acknowledgment cleared somewhat my murky mind somehow!

"Umm . . . Princess . . ." He said as he took hold of my small hands in between his.

"I don't want this . . . to be a casual thing . . . us, to be casual about this. I know it's too soon!" He paused.

"But I want us to be more than just friends . . . umm . . . sorry . . . I am putting things quite badly right now, I know." Ashton stammered and was looking at me with pleading eyes that spoke volumes.

"Yeah, perhaps you could give us a chance to know more about each other, you know." He contemplated.

Ashton's unexpected declaration surprised me no end. And it just stunned me, I was rendered for a moment . . . speechless. My mind blanked out and could not form any definite train of thoughts.

"Now, all I want to ask from you is . . . to give me a chance to know you!" Then he took a deep rugged breath.

Just like that . . . things just got clearer for me, I felt relaxing some of the defensive wall I've always worn about me.

"Umm, I think I understand what you're trying to tell me, Ashton . . . because . . . I somehow felt our connection strongly earlier this evening. I have to admit that with you now." I answered quite honestly.

"But I must know if . . . you also happen to feel this vibration that has beset me the entire evening." I wanted to know exactly what was going on . . . !

My heart has set out what it knows . . . it wants to know the truth! I could no longer hold myself, undefined emotions were overwhelming me, like a floodgate of new feelings came bursting through yet into an unknown territory!

"But . . . It scares me. This is all so new to me and I am afraid, Ashton!" I blurted out truthfully.

"I've avoided going on dates and relationships. I am the breadwinner in the family, you know." I tried to explain myself.

"My family is my younger sister and myself now." I said further.

"When our parents died in a tragic accident, our grandparents offered their home to us. Of course, they didn't live that long." I glanced at Ashton.

"I had to support myself and my sister. Sabbi has asthma. She was born frail and sickly, I felt it my responsibility to take care of her...she is the baby in the family." I continued.

"Well, I can't call our life hard, but we had no one . . . only ourselves."

"Sabbi urged me just last week that I should have a life . . ." I smiled, remembering my sister telling me that.

"But, you know . . . I couldn't imagine what that life would be, when this is my life. I'm happy with what I have, I wanted nothing more!" I told Ashton, I wanted him to get a glimpse of my life.

"And then, you came . . . you've made me see what I don't have in life. You've made me yearn to have someone to care for me . . . and perhaps, a future with someone I truly love . . . and having someone who will love me for what I am . . . for who I truly am." I bowed my head down. I was never this open with my emotions, more with a man.

Owning up to something raw from my heart as I have said has made me so vulnerable. I wanted to cower with embarassment. But I needed to get to the truth, and if this is the only way to getting it, so be it! If this is boldness then, I'll take the consequence squarely.