Chapter 38 - . . . .eureka . . . !

I was on edge the whole day, now that Andrea's birthday has finally arrived! She seemed to really have forgotten all about it.  Davey and the two girls, Angela and Hyacinth had been privy to the surprise birthday party.

And we were banking on it being a surprise party for Princess because she was worried about her sister.

But Davey assured me that Andrea didn't usually  celebrate her birthday especially in the last few years, unless her best friends make the effort on setting up a small surprise celebration for the birthday girl.

We were all excited and looked forward to the celebration of Andrea's birthday.

I needed to get my surprised proposal a good enough cover. And Sabbi's hospitalization had distracted Andrea, making her forget all about it.

But my newly found friends helped me get my plan rolling without Andrea knowing about it.

And I must admit I was a good enough distraction! Haha! Well, yeah!

Besides, Andrea and myself were quite into our own small world that Princess just didn't notice that something was afoot!

Despite all the hands that contributed in making the party without a hitch, I still had my own doubts.

Today, of all days, I was so worried, I felt all so jittery! And I'm feeling like I'm a teenager again. You can't blame me. I really wanted everything to be perfect! 

I wanted Andrea's birthday to be very special. For it was during the small party that I plan to make my proposal.

It's not everyday that a man proposes to the girl he loves and get her to marry him! Grandmere seemed to think the planning for it would just go without hitches.

Yet without help from Gus and Davey and the rest of the gang, it was just easier said than done! If other men I knew made things look easy, me . . . I seemed to be a complete mess.  I tried to hide it, of course.

Or else, I would be a complete failure. If I plan to marry and stay married forever, I intend to make the first step right.

And for an Ashton Sterling, right spells perfect. Perfection is my disguise for the many imperfections in my life.

I should admit it now that I'm quite over the hang ups that had hang heavily on my shoulders throughout the past decade. It wasn't an easy ordeal, yet getting over it is a process that doesn't happen just overnight.

Today is my Princess' birthday. No one dared mention it nor made the effort to greet her. That was the plan for everything to click and work.

Davey and Gus agreed that all I gotta do was to distract Princess, it's that simple! They told me. Davey's assurance and Gus' efficiency made the plan 100% foolproof!

But acting and pretending and feeling the real thing made me doubt my capability. I am that bad an actor . . . I just felt vulnerable when my heart is at stake, to say the least.

So I decided that the safest way not to make any mistakes is to be true to myself and to Andrea. If the secret is somehow compromised, it didn't really matter! I do not really care! If I'm caught, so be it! Everything shall proceed as planned.

But I was caught! Andrea is not just the one, like she's my destiny that I can't avoid!

Because I was caught in her lovely radiance, in her innocence, in her deeply rooted beauty from within herself . . . her heart . . . her soul!

My little stint a while ago was a 'eureka' of sorts for me.
I've fallen hopelessly in love with my Princess!

I'm now finding it so funny that I didn't really know it not until I was hit in the face!

And today was such a revelation!

Today is Andrea's birthday! Today has revealed a whole new level of my feelings for my Princess! And today, I plan to make my proposal! And I'm so anxious, for anything could happen . . . And, I am this tense!

===============================================

Hi, guys. I know this is such a short chapter. But I needed to know what's going on with our male protagonist, what he's thinking and feeling today that he was planning on making a most serious step in his life.

Please enjoy my story!

And, please VOTE! I really need your approval and your thoughts on this.

Click the star below, if you like the chapter . . .

Now, thank you so much, all of you! With all my heart . . . Thank you so much!!!!!

God bless everyone!

Till next chapter . . . ?