Chapter 24 - just like old times?

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to those who have patiently read the previous one (Nana) and have gone thus far. You are all awesome. Thank you so much guys!

Ashton's POV

I never thought my thoughtless behavior and indifference had affected much the people I love.

Grandmere and Nana had been my staunch admirers and supporters since I was a wee, wee lad.

Nana's declaration somehow popped my mind open. I've done them a grave irreparable wrong. The pain, the hurt and the supposed humiliation I suffered were nothing compared to the pain I've inflicted on the two women in my life.

They've cared for me and I turned a blind eye on them. They've loved me unconditionally . . . I failed to reach out to them, and only came home because I felt like I wanted to see them . . . because I now feel happy with myself.

We were supposed to be a family. These two lonely women were the only ones I got.

Oh, God! What have I done to them. I was supposed to be the man of the house! Where was I when they needed comfort . . . and compassion . . . and love!

Nana was right! I ran off like a scared dog!

"Nana . . . I'm so sorry!" I stood up and came to where she was seated. Nana . . . please . . . will you forgive me?"

I wanted to hug her, let her feel that I was sincere . . . that I've realized I did them an unforgivable wrong. Nana was like a second mother to me.

"Oh, dear boy . . . come here. Just give Nana a big hug, will you!"

"Just . . . like the old times, Nana?" Hesitatingly, I asked her.

"Why, of course! Just like the old times, you silly boy!"

"Yes, of course! I was worried there, I won't have my second chance . . . you know!"

"Noooo! Oh, no, no! You were always my little boy, don't you see that? Oh, let me get this out of my nose . . . first . . . "

Nana blew her nose off noisily after she'd literally bawled her heart out.

"That feels awesome, now its out of my nose . . . and out of my big . . . big *chest, you know!"

I smiled widely looking at her. She could be this way . . . be dramatic when she feels so . . . downtrodden of sorts.

She isn't much of a gullible person, but when she feels like she'd kept things that long . . . she'd blow her lid off like Mt. Etna did without so much a further ado.

I turned my head to Grandmere to find out how she'd fare the just concluded 'oscars'. She was just smiling at us.

"Grandmere . . . I extended my two arms out to her. Can I have my own hug from you, too? Pleasssse????? I know I don't deserve your forgiveness . . . but, will you . . . ever forgive me . . ."

"Come here, darling . . . Lemme have that big, big hug you gave Nana there. I want to enjoy mine in my own sweet, sweet time! I know mine's coming too."

"Hmm, this feels soooo gooooood . . . after ten long years!" Grandmere declared as I hugged her.

"Thank you so much Grandmere . . . and Nana. . . ! After having left you all . . ."

"No! Hush . . . No more sweetheart! Let's put all of those . . . negatives out to rest, okay?" Grandmere patted my arms softly with her small hands. I placed my arms around her and kept it there contentedly.

"I don't hold grudges for long, you know. They're too heavy to bear at my age now . . . not good for the soul, hmm . . ."

"Ashton? . . . I think you should practice that spiritual exercise more often, if not everytime, dearest grandson! It's good for the overall wellness . . ."

"There's always time for everything Grandmere . . . and I think it's not too late to try it out . . ."

"Well, I need to get out of here . . . if we have to have our dinner. We'll have it at 8. If that's alright with you, Grandmere . . . Ashton . . . and I'll leave you two here, and take this teapot with me. Tea's gone cold now."

"Yes, please Nana." Grandmere replied.

"Okay, I'll be back with hot tea in a jiffy!"

"Okay, go on ahead . . . Nana." I nodded at her.

A huge chunk of heaviness has finally been blown off my chest right. I now feel so lighthearted . . . refreshed . . . envigorated!

I didn't know how much forgiving and asking for it could give such a kind of release and an inner peace that's made replete with love and joy. I was never much of a spiritual person these past decade. But the feeling has brought me back to my early childhood.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hey, guys! Here's an update I got done sooner than I had expected. You've given me more than enough incentive to do better. I just hope you like it.

Thanks so much guys! And to wattpad . . . My ranking as of 1:17am today has gone some notches higher.

This chapter is for ALL OF YOU!!!!

Don't forget to vote and leave your comments, please.

God bless everyone!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

Till next chapter . . . .??????