Chapter 12 - No love life . . .

Andrei's POV

" . . . . Andrei . . . Andrei . . . open up!  Please open up bestie!"

"Huh?  What's that?"

"Hey, Andrei . . . open up girl!" Familiar voices were calling my name.

"Oh, God!  Who's that?"  I was jolted to consciousness by the heavy pounding on the front door.  My hands went immediately to my head which was now throbbing with an onset of a headache.  My eyes flew to the clock on the side table. 

"What???  It's still seven in the morning . . . why are they here?" I groaned in exasperation!

Groggily I felt for my slippers under the bed as I got to my feet.  I recognized of course the voices of my best friends. 

"Andrei, girl!  Open up!"  Davey's now seemingly irritated voice boomed outside.

"Wait a second . . . !"  I croaked as I came out of my bedroom.

"Andrei . . . "

"Yeah . . . yeah . . . I'm coming!"  When I found my voice, I hollered back to let them know that I heard them.

"Oh, why have you come this early in the morning besties?"  I asked my three best friends as I leaned heavily on the now opened door, yawning loudly.

"Don't you just stand there bestie!  Aren't you going to let us in . . . ?"  Angela and Hyacinth complained.

"Can't I just send you all home . . . ?"  I complained, hoping they'd leave.  My voice sounded to my ears like a zombie, or a person who has dual personalities who'd just awakened.  Oh, I just felt like one right now as I grumbled inwardly!

"Oh no!  You can't, since we're here now.  Besides, we've brought breakfast!"  Davey, who got two armful of seemingly tempting and deliciously scented food stuff in two large paperbags informed me haughtily.

"Yes, yes . . . of course!"  At the mention of breakfast, my stomach responded with a very loud grumbling sound.

I opened the door wider, closing my eyes momentarily to get my bearing while groaning inwardly.  

"Ohhhh, I'm so sleepy I just want to get back to bed!" I managed to complain.

"Why all so grumpy this morning best friend, hmmm?" Angela asked.

"Good morning bestie!  Good morning Andrei!  Good morning!"  My three best friends greeted me cheerily, each gave me a hug, then they all crowded into the house and took command of my kitchen.

Or so, I thought! I opened my eyes about to head towards the kitchen, only to bump on someone who seemed heavyset!

"So you think I've forgotten about last night, hah?"  Davey was in front blocking my way.

Ooppps!  I almost forgot about it!  I looked at Davey assessing his mood.  As much as I wanted to shout out my feelings and tell my best friends . . . however, my doubts . . . fears . . . worries and insecurities greatly outweighed my excitement right this very moment.

"Hmm . . . nooooo! I haven't of course!"

"Uhuh, and I think . . . you've got a lot to tell us bestie, and you gonna tell us every single juicy detail about it, okay?" Davey inclined his head to the side, emphasizing his no nonsense curiosity!

"Uh oh, but I remember quite clearly now that we agreed on your coming here at 11:30 today . . . and you said you'd bring lunch."  I said to Davey, remembering the time we had agreed on.

"Yeah, yeah!  I made sure I brought more than enough for two meals, alright missy? And, since your best friends were all so excited to hear about the latest . . . the juiciest gossip in town . . ."  Waving his hand.