Chapter 31 - strange . . . !

Ashton's POV

Arriving at the airport, Matthew parked the limo a few feet from the jet. Jake, my pilot was waiting at the stairs. Ivan, his co-pilot was standing right beside him.

"Thank you, Matt. You'll hear from me soon or through Gus.

"No problem there. I'm leaving now, Sir." Matthew said.

"Okay, Matt. See you soon." I said before I coming out of the limo.

"Good evening, Mr. Sterling." Both Jake and Ivan were waiting for my arrival."

"Good evening Sir." Lizeth, the stewardess just came out of the entrance and greeted me too.

"Welcome aboard, Mr. Sterling.  We shall be leaving for Boston whenever you're ready Sir." Jake said.

"I'm ready if you're all are, Jake." I nodded.

We all trooped inside. I took to my usual seat and opened my laptap.  Dialing Andrea's number I waited for her to answer it.

The number just kept on ringing. I took my phone out from my briefcase and again, dialed her number.  It was ringing.  I let it ring for several minutes but no one answered it.

My heart started to beat faster after failing to reach  Andrea. I tried to rationalize that perhaps Andrea was kept busy with the emergency.

I went back to my laptop and opened up some pending matters to keep my mind busy, though I knew this was a futile exercise.

I didn't know I've fallen asleep in my seat. My body and mind finally gave way to exhaustion even for some minutes.

"Mr. Sterling, shall I serve dinner?" Lizeth asked me.

"Later on, Lizeth. I'll just ask for it."

"Yes, Sir."

My fingers went to dialing again Andrea's number.  But her number just kept ringing.

Then I remember Davey.  I also had the numbers of Angela and Hyacinth.

Davey's number rang.

"Hello . . . "

"Davey, Ashton here. I've been dialing Andrea's number in a while now. She did not answer it. Are you with her?"

"Uh huh. Yeah . . . She's here. Wait a second."

I breathed out a sigh of relief.

I waited for a moment till I heard Andrea's voice at the other end.

"Ashton???"

"Princess? I've been trying to reach you for an hour now.  I've been dialling your number, but it just kept on ringing.

"Wait a minute . . ." Andrea told me.

"I may have placed it somewhere, perhaps I left it at home. I don't know. It just slipped my mind."

"It's alright, Princess, sometimes these things just happen, you know. At least I'm now certain that you're safe."

Andrei's POV

"Best friend, Doctor Culbert wants to see you . . . " Davey half-whispered, conscious of the hospital atmosphere and his big voice.

"Thank you, best friend. Ashton wants to talk to you." I pointed out to the cellphone in his hand.

"Uh huh. Now, you go inside girl . . ."

I proceeded to the station to ask where Dr. Culbert would be with a smile.

"Yes, Ma'am . . . ?

"Hi! Dr. Culbert wants to see me? I'm the older sister of Sabrina Isabel Watterleys. "

"Ah, yes! A moment please, Ma'am.  Dr. Culbert . . . " The nurse turned to a tall man in a medical gown.

"Yes, Jane . . ." He was writing on a chart. I'm quite familiar with it since Sabbi had been admitted here twice or three times last year for her asthma.

"Um . . . your asthma patient's older sister, Andrea Nicole is here, Doctor."

"Uh huh . . . yeah, be right there . . . now." Dr. Culbert said before he placed his pen on his breast pocket.

"Hello, there! I'm Dr. Craig Culbert, your patient's pulmonologist." He was smiling as he turned to me, and he extended his hand, engulfing my own small one in  his incredibly smooth hand.

I gulped as I looked at his eyes, surprised at their intensity.  Blue . . . or green eyes . . . ? This is Dr. Strange personified! His smile reaching his eyes.

Sabbi's addiction to marvel movies has somehow rubbed off on me. Though I'm not really a fan, but what Sabbi watches, I watch, too as she tries to make me keep her company.

And here he is . . . ! Oh, Sabbi will just be thrilled.

"H . . . Hi . . . Doc . . . ! I'm Andrea Nicole Watterleys. You wanted to see me . . . "

It seemed like my palm was burning that I had to withdraw it right away, keeping it at my side. Maintaining an unaffected demeanor was hard enough, but I managed.

Strange that I could be this affected when I already have Ashton. Strange! That in all my twenty three years, when it seemed like I was a wallflower of sorts, men usually dismiss me like I was . . one! Yeah, a wallflower!

"Umm, yeah . . . ! Just call me Craig. And, this is Jane . . . the nurse assigned to Sabrina."

"Hi, Jane! Sabbi. She's Sabbi to family and friends." I turned to the nurse and smiled at her.

"Your sister was fortunate for the timely rescue and assitance of 911. Your presence of mind saved her."

"Yeah, with her long history of asthma, I had to be alert. Anyone would do that, Doc."

"There had been complications though, with her asthma.  Her allergy to seafood aggravated the asthma attack. I suggest that we have to confine her here for further observation.  She may have to stay for a day or two."  He added.

"And, yeah . . . a friend of yours got her a private room upstairs. We just had her brought up to the West Wing before you came."

"Okay, thank you Doc." I smiled my thanks at him.

"I'll check on her in a little while. See you there, Miss Watterleys."

I just nodded my head, turning around to find my way to the West Wing.

That wing is usually occupied by the rich and the famous! Why there!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hi, guys! Here's hoping you'll enjoy this new chapter!

Please VOTE, leave some comments and suggestions.
Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thank you so much for going this far in my journey as a new writer. This is my first book, my baby.

And my heartfelt thanks to all of you0!

God bless you!!!! ILUVU!

Till next chapter . . . please?

Au revoir!

Marly😄