Chapter 37 - three wishes(the proposal part 3)

Andrei's POV

"Oh, good! You can party with us for a while, Jane!" Hyacinth exclaimed.

"Yeah! The good doctor has given me his blessing!" Jane was smiling widely.

"That was nice of him!" I eagerly welcomed her presence.

"That's Doctor Culbert for sure. You can expect that from him. Aside from being one of the best pulmonologists, he's really a nice person . . . And he's single, so very eligible and available!" She giggled.

"Too bad I'm taken!" She sighed dramatically.

"Well, that's good news for the single ladies . . . !" I looked around for affirmation from  my friends.

"We're both available . . . !" Hyacinth and Angela piped in.

"So am I . . . !" Davey made a pose and flipped back an imaginary long hair, to everyone's amusement.

My eyes took everything in from the long table that contained a lot of various dishes that looked so sumptuous and mouth-watering . . .  to the creative backdrop behind the table. I smiled when I saw the poster in the center of the backdrop, the pictures were taken before I met Ashton.

"Hey! Look at us . . . goodness!"

"Like it . . . bestie . . . ?"

"Uh huh! Seemed like it happened a long time ago . . . "

" . . . yeah. And the best is yet to come, I feel it in my bones!" Davey laughed beside me.

I couldn't believe my impromptu twenty-fourth birthday celebration would be held in the hospital. This is an exclusive circle of friends.

"Come, Princess! Please meet the crew." He said reaching for my hand, intertwining his with mine.

"It's good that you've made it here, Jake." Ashton happily approached him.

"We don't want to miss it for the world, Sir!" Jake winked an eye at me.

Ivan and Lizeth were huddled together looking cozily lovey-dovey in a corner.

"Please meet Andrea Nicole . . . and this is Jake, my pilot. And . . . Ivan . . . his co-pilot, and Lizeth our flight attendant . . . over there in the corner."

"I'm so glad to meet you all. And, thanks for coming." I felt honored to be introduced to Ashton's people. Watching the sincere expressions on their faces made my apprehension baseless.

"It's our pleasure to see you Ma'am!" Jake said.

"At last, we got to see you in person Ma'am!"? Both Ivan and Lizeth said, their smiles saying much about them.

"Oh, no!!! Just Andrei to you please, if it ain't too much to ask!" I said to them.

"Yes, yes, of course . . . Andrei." They all replied. They too seemed more at ease now.

"It's time to blow the candles!" Davey came to where we were standing and announced the next agenda  excitedly.

"Yaaayyyyy . . . !!!" Everyone was clapping their hands.

"Okay birthday girl, please get ready!" Davey was pushing forward a small table with wheels. It was beautifully decorated for the purpose . . . a three-layered cake sat on top. It was for sure Davey's signature handiwork.

"Come on, Princess . . . " His hand seemed to be almost everywhere my body, touching . . . tickling, cuddling . . . peppering small kisses, the little touchy things that made me warm all over!

He just makes me feel so adored and special today!

"C'mon now, best friend!  Make a wish before you blow them, alright?" Angela eagerly urged me.