Chapter 4 - The Wait, Part 2

Hope you like the following chapter, and please click the star 🌟at the end of your screen. Your vote, comment and suggestion will go a long, long way in my life as a new writer. Thank you and GOD Bless everyone, ALWAYS!!!

The new girl looked ahead as if the whole scenario that just happened was nothing to her. Seemingly without a care in the world she lifted her long black hair and flipped it arrogantly sideways.

All the girls, including myself stood still like statues for a moment, agog at 'Madame' Fey's audicity.

I gave my best friend a cursory glance and felt the amount of restraint he was trying to exercise upon himself.

Right now, Davey looked almost purplish and about to burst. But he was getting the upper hand as he gradually reigned in his temper, letting his professionalism do the works for him.

He gave out an exasperated sigh before gathering his wit about him.

I silently applauded my best friend. Kudos to you Davey!

"Usherettes! You've been given your assigned tasks last week, except, of course her." Davey pointed at Fey with his chin.

"We've rehearsed with the other groups whose roles are crucial to the overall success of this event."

"This maybe a small-city affair but it has already created a far-reaching impact on almost all sectors. Therefore, we can't afford any mishap."

"Okay! Girls, I trust that you know your roles by heart."

"Fey, how about you?" Davey said as his eyes zeroed in on her.

"Don't give me any reason, even a minute one at all to pull you out now. I'm sure we'll be fine without your presence or your assistance. I'll provide an escort for your exit, if you wish."

Fey silently acquiesced though, as her demeanor subtly changed to a quiet surrender.

"Remember girls, I'll be right here! Alright, get yourselves ready. Any minute now, the guests will be here."

Not long after, the sound of sirens could be heard not far off. Then the long line of motorcycle convoy started arriving. Black limosines, each bearing a guest followed. One by one, the cars stopped in front of the new hotel. Each guest alighted before their respective vehicles rolled out of the area.

The avenue was now empty of cars and the spectators from all walks of life were waving flaglets, as confetti rained down the guests.

Excitement filled the air as everyone now, along with the press and the paparazzi were kept busy taking pictures. Cameras, cellphones and all kinds of gadgets flashed everywhere.

The welcoming committee together with the security details were stationed in front of the hotel to usher the guests inside.

As soon as the guests passed through the entrance, usherettes went up to their assigned guest and placed a set of lei over their heads, then escorted them to their designated seats.

Andrei's POV

I waited for Mr. Sterling to get through the entrance. I recognized him right away. Oh, alright! He's just gorgeous in his black tuxedo that fitted him so well.

Whew! I must admit I'm getting curious about this guy. Oh, well, that doesn't mean I'm gonna fall for his charms! No, definitely not!

I took myself in his direction as soon as he came through. The fake smile that I've been practicing for several days faltered.

OMG! I said to myself. He is hot! Okay! Hold your head Andrea! Look at the man in the eye. And don't let yourself be caught, okay? I told myself, then squared my shoulders!

But my breath got stuck in my throat the moment our eyes met. I felt some explosion erupting somewhere within me. He was just looking at me with hooded eyes, observing my approach.

I felt myself melt just with that look as I walked towards him mesmerized, my heart now doing a solo! I tried to will my heart to calm down, willed my body to relax as I tried to hold on to some deep-seated sense of sanity in me.

Then, just like that I felt my body had a mind of its own, and my heart was reaching out, singing a song all its own! I walked up to him as if I was in a trance. It felt like he was absorbing my very being unto his soul.

He seemed to be waiting for me, compelling each of the step that I took closer to him!

I felt drawn to him. And I felt powerless, I had no mind of my own. When I got right in front of him I just felt that there was just the two of us, just us!

And when finally I raised my arms to reach over and place the lei over his head, he smiled!

==========================================

I'm so sorry guys for taking this update this late. Well, I have to be honest. I am an old timer, which means computers and the likes were not my contemporaries. So I am finding myself a stranger yet to them. I maybe am slow, but I am learning my way around. And, I am getting ahead, hoping to get myself and this story to the finish.

Please hang on there, please don't get bored. Your support, votes (Click the star🌟below) . . . , and your comments and/or suggestions would mean so much to me. Just give this story a chance, as this is my first one, ever.

Thank you guys for reading my story!!!

God bless you all!!!

I hope you'll read the forthcoming chapters!

Till next chapter, perhaps . . . ?

I LOVE YOU!!!