Chapter 33 - pinkish tinge

Andrei's POV

I finally found Sabbi's room after taking quite some turns and retracing some of my steps. I felt so awed going up the lift, to the nurses' station to ask for direction to Sabbi's room.

The whole wing seemed exclusive and inaccessible for someone like me.  The hallway's decorations was minimalist, the ambience alone felt like it wasn't part of the hospital, but maybe to some 5 or 7-star hotel downtown.

I found Angela and Hyacinth dozing off side by side on the couch when I got in, both in their favored positions.

Hyacinth was on her left side slightly curled, both her feet tucked beneath her, her arms hugging a pillow to her chest.

As usual, Angela was on her back, her head tipped back a bit and her mouth slightly opened while all extremities were out begging for rain. Of course she'd comfortably placed her feet on the center table brought closer to the couch.

I smiled looking at them. They've been with me through thick and thin. They've been my buddies, and critiques!

With only Sabbi left as my family, my three bestfriends have become the most welcome addition.

My eyes roamed to the interior design. This spells luxury . . . in a hospital! I don't know what the fashion experts would call it, this may seem homey and it doesn't smell like a hospital.

For a private room, this is huge! Then my eyes went to the hospital bed where Sabbi was soundly asleep. Tubes were attached to her. On her uppermost right side was a monitoring system.

I took to a chair and watched her for a while. Tears welled from my eyes as a sense of relief overcame me.

Ever since my grandparents died, I just felt alone taking care of Sabbi and myself. Of course, I had my best friends around. But this time, somehow . . . I just felt I'm no longer alone.

I gave out a small sigh.

I remembered Davey . . . and wondered where my friend has gone to since he has not shown his face from the time I left him talking to Ashton on his cellphone.

Waking up my friends to inquire how we're booked here was out of the question. They were tired, too. 

I couldn't help letting out another sigh. Never in my entire lifetime would I be able to pay this accommodation, nor would I consider getting this room for Sabbi.

So much tension and the exhaustion weighing me physically down, I closed my eyes as my body gave way to sleep.

"Andrei . . . best friend . . . wake up! Wake up, Andrei!"  I woke up with a start when I felt someone tapping my arm.

"Um . . .Hey . . . Davey . . . where've you been, huh?" I asked my friend.

"And will you tell why we're here. This is absolutely expensive, you know. And, you and I can't afford this room!"

"I'm sorry, Princess! But don't take it against our friend here, alright?"

"Ashton? You're here . . . !"

I knew he was coming, he told me himself.  But this surprise just caught me, I almost jumped off my seat to his arms, literally! I ran to him and clung to his arms like a child!

"Surprised?" Ashton's bedroom voice brought goosebumps all over me. I just couldn't help happiness flowing out of my heart, I was rendered speechless. Only my eyes communicated my joy as I stared at Ashton boldly, taking in his handsome smiling face.

I just nodded my head!

"I told you, Princess . . . I'd be coming. Each opportunity gives me a reason to come here . . . just to be with you."

"It's . . . a pleasant surprise. I was kind of hoping you'd come despite your hectic schedule." I told him in a small voice.

It seemed that we were engulfed in a world of our own, talking in hush-hush voices, each nuances speaking volumes more than mere words.

I've reached this stage in our relationship where I couldn't keep my hands from touching Ashton, and loving it.  It seemed Ashton felt the same way too.  The air was just electrified, we're just so happy to have each other.

"So, how's Sabbi?" He asked in a hushed voice

"Ohh . . . there were complications, Dr. Culbert informed me due to her allergy to shrimps. But she's fine now.  She may have to stay here for a day or two longer for further observation."

"So, she's off the hook now?"

"I would like to think so. And . . . Dr. Culbert said he'll be coming by to see Sabbi. But I fell asleep."

"Alright. That makes the waiting more bearable.

But, as for now, Princess . . . I want to take the first shift. You go with Davey and get some sleep."

"Oh, no! You . can't . make me go away from here. You must know that, Ashton. No way!"

"I do understand, but I think you might need your beauty sleep, hmm?"

"Got no problem with that, there's plenty enough space where I can curl myself up anywhere. This is such a huge private room!" I glared at Ashton, who just smiled insolently at me.

"Well, that would be nice!"

"Nice?" I looked at Ashton puzzled.

"Uh huh! I would be honored to share my couch with a beautiful lady . . . you know, why not?  Or, we can have two couches together. Yeah, that sure sounds a better idea!"

"Why not?" Davey seconded.

"Angela and Hyacinth will be coming with me. We'll have the suite at the Mariott all to ourselves. Are you ready, girls?"

"Yes! It's the Mariott!" Both of them exclaimed in unison.

"Why ever not? And you all know I just can't leave Sabbi, even with Ashton here." I pleaded at them.

"So the couch . . . shall it be, then!" Ashton said tauntingly, winking at me.

"I said, why ever not, didn't I?"

"Yeah . . . she just said it!" I felt my face heating up. I know I don't blush easily, but this time I just felt it . . . a deep pinkish tinge . . . down to my toes!

That elicited laughter from everyone.  I, myself could only laugh with them.

===============================================

My deepest appreciation to everyone for having read it this far. Thank you so much guys.

To Janet McMillan2, this chapter is for you girl . . . for helping me to push myself forward. It's more than enough incentive for me to do better.

Please VOTE, leave some comments or suggestions.

Thankyou and thankyou and thankyou!!!