Chapter 9 - Casual, But Exclusive, Part 2

I had to go back to my room and put on my sneakers.  In my haste I ran out of the bedroom barefoot.

Warily I opened the front door. Ashton was now getting the door to the passenger's side wide open.

"Hi!" He said.

"Hey!" I answered as I slid myself inside. Then he closed the door. Jogging back to the driver's side he opened the door and got in beside me.

"Hey . . . " we said the word simultaneously. We giggled and tried to stifle our laughter, conscious that we might wake up the sleeping neighborhood. We just felt like a pair of delinquents.

That did it, like an ice-breaker, it has bridged the gap . . . the 'big chasm' between our two different personalities that belonged to two different worlds, the inhibitions somehow evaporated into thin air.

"Okay, it's your turn, ladies' first." He offered.

"No! No!  You first!  I think I'd like to know why you're here in the first place."

"Uh, Oh!  You're making this hard for me . . ." Ashton started.

I raised an eyebrow at him!

"Okay!  I just felt like I'm caught with my hand in  the cookie jar.  And I plead guilty, Princess!"  Ashton raised both his hands up.

"Why are you calling me that?  My name's Andrea Nicole."

"I know. I read your name tag this evening. It's a very pretty name. It suits you." His eyes twinkled.

"And why do you persist in calling me that?"

Why's he doing that, what does he think of me???

"Would you believe me if I tell you?" He asked.

"I really do not know. Anyways, why don't you try me?" I asked, quite apprehensively.

"Well, I feel that . . . um, I've just met the woman of my dream . . . and I can't help calling her my Princess! Do you mind if I call you Princess . . . uh, sometimes?"

I cocked my head at him as I tried to hide conflicting emotions playing inside me. I dropped my hands in my lap hoping to keep them there, conscious now of my faded old pajama and tank top which I usually wear within the confines of our house.

"Maybe . . . " I gave him an uncertain answer.

I took a deep breath.  This isn't looking good.  I feel like I'm melting at his revelations. This is all so strange, so new to me. Ashton sounded sincere, though.  Oh, but who knows, I may just be a fling to him, one of the women that interests him.

"Okay.  This is weird, you know."  Ashton said.  Then he let out a heavy sigh.

"I never thought I'd be doing this . . . " he shrugged his shoulders. "  And I'm finding it . . . more difficult than I've anticipated this, Princess!" Ashton admitted.

"Well, okay! I think it is best that I set things straight and right by being honest with you."  He paused again and sighed.

I sighed, as well . . . not knowing what to expect from the conversation and where this goes to. I squared my shoulders and looked out ahead.

"You know Princess, I don't want you to doubt me . . . nor my intentions! Yeah! I really feel that at this point I have no desire whatsoever of putting you and your loved ones in a compromising situation. Ashton's arresting eyes held my gaze, trapping mine in his.

"I'm listening."  I told him, trying to make light the atmosphere, tension was now slowly building up inside the car.

"I've been noted for my sour temper. I am much aware that I rarely smile, if I ever do." He gave me a small deprecating smile before he heaved a heavy sigh.

"It was my choice that I am being like that, circumstances made me one though."

"I am not such an antisocial person, yet I avoided most social functions if I can help it . . ."

" . . . . and I've maintained this facade for a very long time," he added.

"Then, I met you . . . " He looked at me with eyes that begged for understanding. 

"I'm a successful businessman Andrea. I've got fame, fortune and a name.  I don't go bragging about myself! It is not my style . . . "  He tried to explain.

"Now . . ." He spread his arms helplessly.  I'm here . . . trying to get a girl to like me . . . and trying to know a girl I've just met.  I've never done this before in my life, princess.  I can have any woman I want, but . . . you must know that I am not that kind of person." He ruefully offered a charming lopsided smile.

Then, he turned serious . . . giving me a somber look.

"Then why me?"  I asked him.

My chest could hardly contain now, my heart was on a war path!

"Please don't get me wrong.  All I know is that I want to be with you. You are the most beautiful woman that I've ever met!"  He smiled reflectively.

"Just like that . . . ???" I asked

"No! And, yes! And you do not even realize about that, which makes you even more beautiful.  Your beauty is real . . .  which emanates from within you.  That's what makes you . . . YOU!  You're different."  Ashton paused.  "You're not like any other girl I've known. Yeah, that plain and simple."

"But this . . . for me is not just about an attractive face or figure, princess!"  He smiled, kind of deprecatingly.

"I just couldn't help myself smile when I saw you.  All of a sudden I felt light headed.  I didn't understand why, but I wanted to be with you."

Oh, nooo! I am lost! I told myself.

===============================================

Hi guys!  I am really glad I've made it this far.

And I hope you've also enjoyed reading my story.

Please vote, make comments and suggestions.  Your support mean a lot to me. For you vote, please click the star🌟below . . . and, voila! Thanks!

Thank you all and God bless.

Till next chapter . . . PLEASE? 👍