Chapter 15 - Revelation

"That . . . makes us even, then . . . ?" I asked Ashton.

"Uh oh! I don't think so!"

"Uh! And . . . why is that?"

"Princess . . . please don't get me wrong, alright? But I figured I just wish . . . to make you happy. I mean, making somebody feel good and happy is no burden at all! It would absolutely make me happier."

"Ohhh? I didn't know that!"

"Hahahah! There you go again Princess, hmm. . . but well . . . seriously . . . Oh, God! Why am I finding this so difficult to express myself." He growled.

I waited for Ashton to get his breath from his soliloquay.

"I'm sorry . . . if you find me like I'm talking . . . like I'm nuts! Yeah, I've been ranting and blubbering and putting things so badly, haven't I?" Ashton asked me in what seemed like a miserable tone.

My heart skipped a bit with Ashton's honesty and it just went out to him . . . but I couldn't help my smile at hearing Ashton's candid blunderings with his own thoughts. Oh, my . funny . Ashton!!!

"No! You've put things as plain as daylight. I think I could read your mind quite clearly." I humoured him out.

"Oh? Really! I'm utterly aware though, that it isn't so, Princess. But thanks anyway, for taking pity on me . . . on your humbled servant, you know. It's just that I'm not my normal self right now!" I listened to Ashton thinking out loud his thoughts and baring out his soul. Perhaps just by being there and him knowing that I'm here listening might somehow help.

A comfortable silence seem to envelope us despite the distance, with him miles away on a jet.

"And, these past few hours had been quite a revelation for me, you know." Ashton continued.

I held my tongue and let him get on with our somewhat one-sided conversation. I still feel quite shy and . . . not so used to talking to strangers, hmm! Still feeling my way with this budding relationship that's making my entire body tingling.

"Yeah, it got me to thinking real hard . . . about the future . . . mostly along the long-term perspective." Ashton took a deep breath as if he was really struggling with himself.

"Uh huh?"

I placed a hand on my face, chills was starting to flow from my nape towards my arms and down my spine. Gee!

"Yeah . . . and . . . it really had amazed me how . . . with just one look . . . an amazing set of emerald blue eyes that seemed like pools of emotions and . . . yeah, my racing heartbeats. All of which became the tumultuous turnaround point for me from everything I used to believe in, you know!"

My mind seemed to blank out as I listened to his words. It just wasn't on its sharp and sharky disposition at the moment.

"Perhaps, Princess . . . I may have . . . taken a lot of things mighty for granted in the past for I wasn't the easiest person on this planet to please, and that I'd grown . . . shall I say . . . indifferent, or calloused, to put it bluntly . . . as I know most people say I am . . . and I really did not care!"

"And among my famous negative and unlikeable traits most people know me for. . . I admit I've adapted an unapproachable facade for years now and maintained it for a very good reason." I seem to sense him shrugging off his shoulders.

"Look, Princess. Coming from a man of my background . . . this may sound weird. And personally, I still find it completely strange. But I've got to admit this . . . to you that it had perplexed me more to no end. I've never, in my entire adulthood thought this coming, you know."