2.) Awakened

The lycan race is dying

The lycan race is dying. That was all that was going through Dorian's head. He outlived his years yet he still stands with four others that had survived the horrendous plague. Lycans weren't meant to be with any other so-called packs, but due to their race dying out they had regrouped as one.

Lycans are angry beasts that shift on their own free will. Dorian was born as one and was only given a name when he was one of the few who were able to turn human. It was difficult for others but those who could were of the strongest.

To Dorian it felt like he wasn't in his true form, it was just his cover until he has what he wants, what they all wanted more than anything is a pup of his own. Dorian had been born a lycan pup. His own mother had died using all her energy to push him out along with his brothers.

Some were born like him while others looked like any other human babies but bigger. Lycan pups were larger in size and heavier in weight than human newborns. Human females couldn't handle the pain and weight of lycan babies and died along with them.

Some lycans even fell in love with the mortals. Dorian didn't have anything against it but loving a human just wasn't something he'd give in to. As soon as they would show signs of pregnancies, they'd have health problems and eventually die.

That was one of the reasons the lycans kept away from the humans. They wouldn't survive the first month of being impregnated. Then the fatal plague hit, killing off all of the females. The females were cherished amongst the males due to it already being hard to shift for them.

There were only a handful of females heard of, though, when there were, she'd choose who she wanted to breed with. If she was sexually attracted to another then the easier it is to breed and produce pups.

For the rest of the group left alive, they were having trouble adjusting to the new environment. They were finishing off the rest of the human carcasses. Normally human flesh wouldn't be a smart choice for a meal but they were starving. Missing humans was the last thing they needed on their hands but their beasts were hungry for anything so they could gain their strength back.

The years asleep had made their bodies appear gaunt. Dorian looked down at his body, he needed to eat and work the muscles of his body. He needed to please the women with his appearance.

Dorian looked out of the cave onto the land. The area around the cave had been protected for all the years they've been asleep. The werewolves had been guards protecting the lycan cave. Most, if not all werewolves could feel that their masters have woken.

Now that the five lycans have woken they would need help being nursed back to health by the werewolves and have to be informed on the years they had missed. They needed to know what the women were like, years ago the women were conservative and hard to gain their trust.

The werewolves were meant to serve the lycans, not as slaves but as servants of their own free will. The werewolves looked up to them for guidance and protection. The wolves including the alpha's respected their superiors.

The lycans were always on the move and never in one place for very long so the alphas were there as the second strongest of them.

Many were territorial but would always grant them access to their land. Whenever there was one close by a pack, they would gather a big feast for them before they departed. The werewolves felt that their moon blessed packs that lycans passed through, giving an offering. Being that lycans were the fiercest of her creations required great care.

Lycanthropes and werewolves were two different creatures that respected one another. Even though the lycans helped out the wolves in the past, they needed them to come through to help them. The lycans own species is dying and all they can do is look out for themselves and their future.

So in the time that the five lycan were awake the pack close by welcomed them in and fed them well. The five that were left were Magnus, Roman, Axel, Marcus, and Dorian. They would set out on their own but keep each of them informed if anything occurred.

In the meantime, Dorian sat down with the alpha and his generals. He was explained on what he missed and how the women were today. He was given books and newspapers and was taught of the newest technological advancements. They gave him clothes and a phone that held all of the pack members numbers.

The unmated females gave him lustful looks but the females knew it would cross the line if it were to be personal. Werewolves had mates while lycans didn't. All the unmated females lusted after them now, but they would regret it once they would meet their soulmates. It was an unspoken vow between the lycans and wolves that they would never seek pleasure with the other.

Dorian spent the next few day working out relentlessly and was already seeing the results. Everything worked faster for him. He was almost in tip-top shape to go out into the world. The rest of the guys worked out just as hard trying to be more appealing than the form they had woke up in.

The lycans didn't feel this strong a century ago. The years of sleep had done them good. According to the wolves in the pack, the women were easier to sway into bed. It was perfect for their situation but the alpha female and the other females in the pack had told them to pick a woman that would be worthy of being a mother. They told him to follow the scent that stood out from others.

Dorian listened intently wanting to learn anything and everything. On the last visiting day, Dorian worked out before setting on his way. The sweat trickled down his body and his abs were taut. He was ready.