36.) Reality

Dorian's POV

Dorian's POV

I woke in a heat of sweat. Another day waking up to chaos. I was prepared for Nial and Nolan to start throwing me out. I sat up in bed feeling my back stiffen. My body and clothes were full of sweat.

The eerie quietness made me get out of bed slowly stumbling a little. My vision was focusing in and out blurry. Anna and Zoe were the first to see me.

They gasped then steadied me by grabbing an arm each. They took me to the bathroom to lay me in the tub and turned on the shower. The coolness of the water settled down an upcoming headache.

My entire clothes were soaked, no drenched. The water had woken me up from the haziness I was feeling. I ran my hands down my face to reveal what was happening.

I stood up taking the towel that Zoe was offering then dried my face. "Where's Nolan and Nial?"

They both froze up then looked at each other puzzled then back to me.

"Tell those shits that if they ever mess with the stuff in my room then I'm kicking them out." I threw the towel onto the floor walking into my room soaked. Every movement squeaked, alerting my presence.

I was about to change until the girls walked in hesitantly. "Dorian, perhaps you should rest."

"I don't need to fucking rest."

"You've had a long night. Perhaps we'll serve you food to regain your energy."

"What are you going on about?" I asked clutching my head as I felt it throbbing.

"Just remain calm. Everything's alright."

"What the hell are you even talking about?"

Zoe leaned over to Anna. "Go get Nancy." Anna quickly rushed out of the room. Zoe ushered me to sit down but I refused. I was perfectly fine, nothing was wrong with me. Everyone was trying to make me look like I was crazy.

Nancy, Zoe, and Anna were all in the room now. They were looking at me cautiously as if I'd snap at any moment.

"Leave me alone, all of you!"

Nancy put her hands up to calm me down but it only infuriated me more. "Dorian you're acting rash. You're suffering from a headache from last night."

I could hardly remember yesterday. I wonder what drink had made me forget? I'd be needing more of that kind soon.

"I'm not suffering from anything! I just want to be left in peace."

"Stay here," she said while walking out of the room. I was becoming frustrated, I'm a lycan and I'm being told what to do. I have power and control over all wolves. I needed to calm down and that one place of solitude was outside.

I bolted through the door, leaving the girls to all holler at me to stop. Once I was out the door, I shifted easily. I was running on all fours headed towards Flora and Lillian's grave.

Once I made it, I slowed down. I looked all around to see if someone was pulling a fast one on me. I've done some fucked up things in my life but to mess with my families graves was unacceptable.

It wasn't there, as if it never existed. I sniffed and scratched the grass but it was full of hard solid dirt instead of it being soft if someone dug it up. Now I was irate.

I ran back to the open field just before the house when the other surrounded me. They were shifted as well snarling at my defensiveness. I looked all around myself seeing who was brave enough to test me.

They all moved in closer making me slash at one of them and jump on another. They tossed my body off sending me flying through the air, my body impacting the ground.

Nancy ran out but was guarded by my so-called brothers. "Dorian you're suffering from blood loss. Wherever you're mindset is at, it's not in the right place."

I growled, I lunged at her but she was guarded by the others who collided with me. I was thrashing wildly trying to get a hold of any one of them in my jaws. I received some of their gashes in return. I struck at least two of them then held my claws back ready to thrash hard.

"The babies!" Nancy screeched making me stop. Babies? She noticed my beastly face contort back into human form. My wounds healed "Your's and Flora's babies are fine."

I dropped to the floor. "Show me."

There they were. The healthy babies sleeping peacefully in their cribs. Dorian picked up one of the boys and smiled. Anna picked up the other and showed him that the baby was fine. He gently placed him back in his crib.

"Where's my little girl?" My heart started pounding thinking the worse.

"She's with Flora."

I turned to her. "They're okay."

She scrunched her brows in confusion. "Of course. Why wouldn't they be."

I followed Nancy closely until we stopped in front of a room that was farther from my boys. She opened the door revealing Flora lying in bed asleep with wires all over her.

It scared me to see her this way but the strong beat of her heart calmed me. I walked up to her and kissed her hand smiling.

"You donated most of your blood to save her."

I looked up at Nancy not remembering any of this. "I did?"

"Yes, don't you remember?"

I shook my head. All I remember is that very realistic dream I had. Maybe it was a vision of what I'd be like had Flora not lived. Now, this is my second chance to do it right. To be better than what I was visualized to be.

"Would you like to meet your daughter?"

My heart skipped a beat when she said, daughter. I turned towards Nancy seeing her pushing a curtain aside revealing my small baby girl in a container. Then I noticed there was something on her.

"It's a ventilator to help her breath. Also, don't freak out but, we put wolfsbane on her body."

"What?! Are you kidding me?!"

"She has an infection. The beginnings of the plague attaching itself to her body. It burned it off of her, though it'll leave a scar."

I got a closer look at my little girl. She had a mark by her bellybutton that looked like a leaf birthmark.

"Was she in pain?" The thought of her in pain made my chest constrict.

"She cried but she took it better than we thought. She's one tough cookie."

"Yeah, she is."

"The girls and I wanted to leave her with her brothers but the wolfsbanes fumes were drifting in the air. We didn't want to risk it, so we put her in here with Flora, so she could feel her mother's presence with her."

Dorian abruptly hugged Nancy then stretched out his arms pulling Anna and Zoe into the hug. "Thank you so much for everything you ladies have done. You brought my family together."