11.) Cheshire Cat

Dorian's POV

Dorian's POV

When Flora confirmed what I already knew made it all the more real. I was going to be a father. The only thing that worried me is the fact that my pup may not make it.

I tried not to think of the negative thoughts floating through my mind. I didn't want Flora to die or go through a painful pregnancy. She became special to me as soon as I saw her. Her smell pulled me towards her, and if I had a mate, I'm pretty sure she'd be the one.

But I made a pact with the guys. As soon as my pup is born and off of breast milk, I was going to take my child and leave.

No matter the apparent attraction we have towards each other, she was still human and wouldn't know how to raise one of my kind.

My lycan was becoming attached to the baby already. We hadn't left her property since we found out she was carrying my baby.

I touched my pendant that I never took off unless I shifted. It was something my mother gifted me before she died, though I never met her. The pain of me coming into this world was too much for her, even though she was a lycan herself she couldn't handle the weight of me and my four brothers inside her.

A vibration inside me alerted me that something was off. My hairs on my arms stood up, already being on guard on whatever was upsetting Flora and the baby.

I watched from afar while being discreet in the woods. The trees and bushes gave me cover to hide in and hunt for food as I watched the area. My phone flashed with the picture of Flora on the screen. I answered it while looking at her house. "Hello."

"Hey, Dorian. I know this may be nothing but can you perhaps drop by. I feel like I keep hearing noises outside and it's kinda freaking me out."

"Sure can you give me your address?"

She said her address as I watched her shadow pass the window. The blinds were shut but I knew her hair was up. Her nervousness was unsettling my child, I could feel it.

"Actually I'm not too far from there. I'll be there soon." I hung up and started to change into my clothes. I wanted to barge in there and calm her nerves though I knew it'd be too soon to enter. She'd ask questions, perhaps think I was too clingy which I am already being.

I circled around the land, finding the noise that was unsettling her. It was the nearest pack teens. They were play fighting in their wolf forms, too far from where the pack house was. They were fighting and growling at each other when I grabbed them by the back of their necks lifting them in the air.

"You're scaring the mother of my child. Now go back to your pack before you go missing for good out here." I dropped them on the floor and walked off. I approached Flora's door and knocked. She opened it and looked relieved when she saw me.

"Please, come in." She opened the door wider to let me in. "I'm sorry for calling you so late but I was hearing this noise and it scared me but as soon as you show up, it's gone."

I chuckled at her slight embarrassment. The wolves were about a mile away but with my pup nestling inside her, it heightened her senses a great deal. She would surely go mad if she didn't know what I was and what our child is. I would have to tell her, just not yet, she wasn't ready.

I needed to earn her trust first before all. "Maybe I scared it away when I came."

"Yeah, you're probably right." She smiled. "Well, you're welcomed to relax. I'm sorry if I wasted your time coming here."

"No, it's alright. I don't mind staying here and getting to know you better." I looked down at her stomach and noticed there was already a slight bump. "May I?" I gestured with my hand. She nodded and I held her stomach with both my hands. I rubbed the roundness of her stomach trying to sense where my child was.

There was a thump on the lower part of her stomach which made me smile. "Why are you smiling like that?"

"Like what?"

"Grinning like the Cheshire cat."

"Cheshire Cat?" I asked bemusedly.

"Like in Alice in Wonderland." I shook my head. I didn't understand what she was referring to.

"You've never seen the animated version or the live action movie?" She asked scrunching her eyebrows.

"No. I've missed out on a lot." Literally.

"Well, now you and I have something to watch."

She cleared her throat and smiled looking down. I still had my hands on her stomach. "I don't want to let go."

She put her hands over mine. "Then don't but at least let me put on the movie then you can touch my stomach as long as you want."

"Alright, sounds good." I reluctantly let her go and watched her move around the room. She bent down to look at all her movies on the lower shelf which gave me a good view of her ass. She stood up and held up two movies smiling brightly.

"Ready to have your mind blown?"

During the movie, we sat next to each other. The movie played and we watched, her a little more excited about showing me something she's seen plenty of times.

She laid her head on my shoulder cuddling up next to me. I wrapped my arms around her feeling contented that she sought my warmth and comfort.

She eventually fell asleep during the second movie.I stared at her and moved her hair out of the way so I could look at her face.

She had delicate features and it didn't help that she had a luscious figure that made me want to do unimaginable things too.

She moved slightly and made noises in her sleep. I placed my hand on her stomach and knew automatically that my son was the one for her discomfort. I leaned down and kissed her stomach. "Settle down, son. You're hurting your mother."

Slowly her breathing went back to normal. I knew that she would go through changes but she was already showing symptoms of discomfort.

If she gets through her first month and starts questioning what she is feeling, then I'll have no choice but tell her. I just hoped the news wouldn't stress her out and effect the baby.