9.) Symptoms

Flora's POV

Flora's POV

I awoke in the morning feeling confused. Wasn't I outside when I dozed off? I brushed it off and swung my legs on the side of the bed.

My legs and body felt heavy with each step I took. In a haste I got on the scale I had in the bathroom and gasped. I was about twenty pounds overweight.

Maybe this is a sign to work out. I took a shower with negative thoughts on my body. I dropped the towel that was wrapped around me and dropped it to look at myself in the long mirror. My cheeks had a slight shade of pink and looked bigger than normal.

Had I really been eating that much to gain so much weight? My body looked fuller and my hips wider. I looked away feeling down. My body was naturally curvy but putting on this much weight in the span over a week was disappointing.

I threw on some sweats and a jacket with no makeup. All I was going to do was go to the store since it was still early and hardly anybody would be there.

I got in my car and drove to the store with almost no traffic. Once I went inside I grabbed healthy foods and drinks. I walked down an aisle looking at the calories on the back of the new fruity drink when somebody stopped me with their hands on my arms.

This persons hands were big enough to wrap my whole arm up. I looked up and was stunned to see Dorian. He had a smile on his face.

"Can't stay away from me can you, sugarplum?"

"Are you calling me fat?" I don't know what caused me to become defensive when his nickname was sweet. I guess because he called me a plum, it made me feel like crap.

He closed the gap between us making my breath hitch. Even though we had sex twice, I don't think I could ever get used to him. "You're beautiful just the way you are." His hand slid down my waist and he slowly dragged it down to my ass and squeezed it.

He leaned his head in towards my neck and brushed his nose along it. He inhaled deeply as if smelling me. I was silently hoping that I didn't smell bad since my appearance was not too great.

Dorian kissed my neck then pulled back smiling at me. He reached into his pocket fiddling with something in his pocket then pulled out a card.

He handed it to me. As I took it out of his hand he purposely touched my fingers. I looked at it closely, it was a business card. 'Fenrir Construction Services' it said in bold letters.

"Why a business card and not your phone number?"

"So you do want my number?" He teased.

"I'm serious."

He chuckled biting down on his bottom lip as he placed his on the shelf behind me, trapping my body so I couldn't leave. "I don't have a cell phone yet, so the best I can do is give you the card. I'll most likely be working. So just call the number if you need to contact me."

He leaned down pecking my lips with a chaste kiss. "Goodbye, sugarplum."

He walked away smiling, leaving me to watch him disappear around the corner. Something fell off the shelf when I leaned my head too far back. I looked down to see what had felled and bent down to get it.

It was a teething set for babies. I turned around to put it back then saw the pregnancy tests on the far right. I looked down both ways of the aisle to make sure Dorian doesn't see me.

I snatched three different boxes and gathered my things to the front and paid for them. In my haste, I was sure I was raising a few eyebrows from the employees from how quick I was putting everything in the bags.

At the moment I couldn't care less what they thought of me. All I wanted to do was take a test and see what the outcome is.

As I was driving back home, I couldn't help but think of the possibilities that I could actually be pregnant. Of course Heather and I joked about the idea, but that's just what it was supposed to be, a joke.

Now karma is biting me in the ass for it. I guess me and Dorian didn't actually use a condom on both occasions. Whenever we got together my mind seemed to not think straight, it was all action and no thinking involved with Dorian.

Something about him made me sexually unhinged. Though I had not a clue about his personal life or his affairs. He seemed to be the type to womanize women to bed without the slightest hesitation which scared me.

I never wanted to be with someone who couldn't commit let alone have a baby with a person like that. I grabbed the bags, locked my car, and ran inside the house. The need to see the results was a necessity at the moment.

I ripped open the first box and pulled out the first test. Who would've thought that the fate of my future would lie in the hands of a simple stick?