31.) Consult

Flora's POV

Flora's POV

My mother was extremely excited to throw the baby shower. She had laid out all of the decorations on the table pointing at all the cute things she bought.

"Do you have any names for the babies?" She asked as she started hanging things around the house.

My quietness told of my guilt for not knowing any names for my babies. There had been so much on that I hadn't even thought about names. I was already feeling like a bad mother.

"Flora, are you serious? Does Dorian have any?"

"Not to my knowledge."

"Do I have to name my own grandbabies?" She sighed giving me a knowing look. She put the decorations down, dusting herself off.

There was a knock on the door that brought our attention to Marcus.

"Hey, sorry to interrupt but I need to talk to you about something."

I patted the spot next to me on the couch. "By all means, come on in."

"So, I'm not sure if Dorian told you, but because you are carrying triplets who are also lycan pups, you're going to have to deliver early. The soonest will probably be on the next full moon."

I should've expected this to happen. My babies weren't fully human and this pregnancy had been an exhausting experience but nevertheless exciting to see my babies.

"How come nobody told me of this sooner? The next full moon is next week." Marcus reached over and took my hand in his, giving off a calmness reverting back to me.

"Honestly we thought Dorian already told you. And another thing..." he paused looking me straight in the eyes looking serious, "you can't go to a human hospital."

My mother and I exchanged worry glances, "where am I suppose to deliver?"

"There is a place that the females used to go to birth our kind. It's an ancient, blessed place that we all agreed that you should deliver."

"Is it a cabin or a building of some sort?"

"It's outside. It's in a beautiful grassy area that the moonlight shines down upon by a nice quiet lake."

"It sounds quite beautiful, but what about the pain I'll be in or the whole idea of giving birth on the ground? I-I'm sorry but this doesn't sound reasonable to me. You want me to give birth on the fate of a myth practiced years ago instead of the present time now. I'm the one giving birth not you or Dorian or the others. So, how could you possibly understand my predicament?"

"To you yes, it may sound unreasonable, but the few women who did successfully give birth to healthy pups gave birth there."

The thought of giving birth at a place I never been to instead of a hospital was starting to freak me out. As if anything more absurd could happen.

I'm not going to lie, I am scared. These are going to be my first babies. I was going to be a mother of three. Their life and mine will never be the same or even normal for that matter.

They would live in secrecy, feeling different. I didn't want that for them. I wanted them to fit in and have lots of friends instead of feeling like a cast out. 

Dorian wanted to teach them the ways to live as a lycan, but I wanted them to also not forget that this world is full of humans and happiness. 

They have others that love them already and they're not even born yet. I just didn't' want them to forget who they are or lose themselves in the process of growing up. 

The small movement in my stomach made a small gasp escape from me. It's as if they know I'm worrying about them already.

I rested my hand on my stomach looking at how much I've grown in just a couple of months. It's crazy to think that I haven't been pregnant for that long even when it seemed to be. Normal pregnancies never developed this quick.

The small kick where I rested my hand assured me that they were already intelligent. The thought that they would always be hunted by half-shifters scared me. Though the wolves around here were willing to sacrifice their lives to the next generation of wolf bloodline was comforting.

No life should be shed no matter what. Dorian and the others showed me that they were powerful enough to take those half-shifters on their own and to be honest, I missed Dorian. I got spoiled with his presence near me.

It was almost as if my favorite blanket of comfort was missing. It also didn't help that I've recently been having wet dreams about him that were very....intense. Most of them consisted of him being in his lycan form than his human. Those were the ones that really got me going.

I looked up, surprised to see Marcus and my mother looking at me already. I was so deep in thought that I almost forgot that they were still even here. My cheeks heated up before I tried to think of something else.

I cleared my throat, "how is Dorian doing?"

"We haven't really talked to him in awhile but he's been moving in different areas."

I nodded, "Where exactly has he been going and don't lie to me, I'll know if you do."

Marcus sighed, knowing this was one battle he will lose, "the wolves have been tracking him. He goes to bars, clubs, and even shopping."

"Shopping?"

"For the babies."

"Go on."

"He usually socializes for a bit. He mostly drinks then he returns home and repeats it, but lately, he's stopped doing that."

"He doesn't come home," I countered. When Marcus said 'home' it irked me. Home was here at this very cabin, not other places. "He goes to random places he can find instead of trying to make up for his mistakes."

Marcus furrowed his brows in confusion. "You wanted him to leave though, right?"

"I did, but I thought he would've fought to keep this family together. Instead, he goes out and gets nothing done."

My mother side hugged me closer to her. "Honey, he's never been in a relationship, at least not for a long time. Just give him time, he'll come around."

"If not for me then for the babies, that's all I can ask for."

She kissed my forehead then stood up. "Get some rest, you got a big day tomorrow with the baby shower."

"Bye momma," Marcus said to me smugly before escorting my mother out to her car.

I have been beyond blessed to have known Marcus, Magnus, Roman, and Axel. They have been extremely supportive of me and were like long lost brothers. I was even surprised one day when Roman came into my room and talked to me.

He was extremely sweet and gentle when he asked if he could listen to the babies' heartbeats to calm himself. Something told me that he longed for children longer if not more than the others.

Magnus was a flirt but was hilarious when he and Axel joked around. They would always have arguments that were far too funny to not be secretly filmed.

Marcus was always the peacemaker among them. He was the one to give good advice. Though all of them told me to wait for Dorian and give him time to gather himself. They had opposing views but they loved him. 

I still loved him too. But did he even love me?