28.) Revealed

Flora's POV

Flora's POV

I continued to brush my fingers through Dorian's hair as he kissed my stomach. I knew I had to put him in check. I'm fine if he wants to touch my stomach but we could never be what we were before.

He lost my trust and respect when he broke my heart. He sat up looking at me with a gleam in his eyes.

"We need to talk...about everything."

"I agree."

I sat up cringing at the sudden pain under my stomach. Dorian held both my hands looking at me in concern. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just a little pain. Nothing I can't handle." He smiled, nodding in agreement. "So first thing. The half-shifters?"

"The half-shifters can smell the babies. They know they're going to be lycans, that's why they're attracted to their scent. The half-shifters are also known why lycan pups never truly make it into this world, they kill the pregnant women before they can deliver and they...eat the babies when they're left alone."

He was looking at my horrified reaction. "Do they always come in big numbers the way they did?"

"Not usually, but due to there being three babies. That might've attracted more to come."

"What about Tilda and the other woman?" I asked mentally preparing myself.

"Tilda and I...there's nothing there. It was one night of stupidity that cost me. As for Cheryl...I had no idea she was carrying until the wolves told me that day I left. The baby was growing too fast and her body couldn't take it. That day, I had to use wolfsbane to kill my own son." I saw a tear drop fall down his face as he turned away.

"I'm sorry, Dorian. I didn't know you had to do that."

He dry chuckled. "You were right. It was my own fault, I was playing with those women's lives. If I could restart, I'd do it right by just sticking with you like my instincts told me to. Now everything is fucked up."

"When I was at the packhouse recovering. I heard things, outside my room. Secrets that you and the others are keeping from me."

"It's nothing you need to worry about."

"Tell me, Dorian. If it's about me or the babies, I need to know." When he continued to be silent, it irked me. "Get the hell out, Dorian. If you can't be honest then you're just wasting my time."

Later on, I was cooking when I heard a shrill scream. The sound made me drop the spatula onto the floor. Roman and Magnus were already out the front door with me trailing behind them. I stood by the door just in case a half-shifter was outside.

I squinted seeing a woman running towards us with fear evident on the way she kept stumbling. She is being chased by a half-shifter gaining on her.